The wrong turns to avoid with tests
- The anger discomfort scale: Beginning reliability and... Sharkin, Bruce S.; Gelso, Charles J. // Measurement & Evaluation in Counseling & Development (American C;Jul91, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p61
Describes the psychometric evaluation of the Anger Discomfort Scale, designed to assess people's degree of discomfort with their own anger. How they theorized that discomfort with one's own anger would make the experience of someone else's anger expression uncomfortable; Method use to represent...
- Atlanta banks rejecting more black loans: Report. // Jet;3/6/89, Vol. 75 Issue 22, p8
Reports that Atlanta blacks are rejected two to four times more often than Whites by banks for home loans.
- US sues New Jersey in discrimination case. // Jet;3/6/89, Vol. 75 Issue 22, p34
Reports on a suit filed by the US Justice Department charging race and sex discrimination in hiring in New Jersey police departments.
- Hazing suit is settled at Charleston, S.C. academy. // Jet;3/6/89, Vol. 75 Issue 22, p14
Reports that a case involving the hazing of a black cadet by five white cadets at the Citadel, a military academy, has been settled.
- Whites-Only Provision In Will Is Problem At Nursing Home. // Jet;12/27/99, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the complications surrounding an estate left to the Keswick nursing home for a building erected there to service white patients only.
- Adam's Mark Hotel Chain Pays $8 Million To Settle Discrimination Lawsuits. // Jet;04/10/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 17, p46
Reports that the Adam's Mark hotel chain agreed to a settlement of racial bias lawsuits which charged that the hotels discriminated against Black guests in Florida.
- A personal experience with racism. // Psychology Today;Dec86, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p46
Racism thrives more in the institutions that protect, preserve, and promote it than in the individual human psyche, claims the author, who joined the NAACP at the age of nine because his black nanny was not allowed to attend the movies with him.
- Break like the wind. Cortez, John P. // AutoWeek;9/4/95, Vol. 45 Issue 36, p12
Reports on a former Los Angeles car dealership employee's filing of a racial harassment lawsuit against executives of the dealership for alleged intentional farting in his office. Comments of dealership attorney, Rob Bekken.
- Africville. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Apr96, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p17
Relates the destruction of Africville, a mostly black community of 400 people on the northern outskirts of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Substandard living conditions as the basis of the destruction.