People issues central in hospital shake-up
- News. Family friendly special care unit opens. // Paediatric Nursing;Dec2010, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the opening of a neonatal unit at the Leicester Royal Infirmary in England.
- Home BP figures 'reliable' // Pulse;10/1/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 38, p17
Reports on the study on the difference of blood pressure (BP) taken at home and BP in surgery readings conducted by the researchers at the Leicester Royal Infirmary in England. Confirmation over the unnecessity of the white coat effect; Assurance of physician Adrian Stanley, consultant in...
- Thomas Frederick Stoyle. Dias, Joe; Kershaw, Chris; Raymakers, Roeland; Power, Richard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;8/7/2010, Vol. 341 Issue 7767, p301
The article presents an obituary for Thomas Frederick Stoyle, former consultant orthopaedic surgeon at Leicester Royal Infirmary and Glenfield General Hospital in Leicester, England.
- BARIATRIC SUIT USED TO IMPROVE CARE. // Nursing Standard;6/12/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p6
Nursing staff at Leicester Royal Infirmary are donning a 7kg bariatric suit to experience life as an overweight patient.
- Derek Conrad James. James, Matt; Graham, Bob // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/19/2008, Vol. 337 Issue 7662, p181
The article presents an obituary for Derek Conrad James, former consultant radiologist at Leicester Royal Infirmary.
- John Robert Hearnshaw. McNally, Paul; Hearnshaw, Hilary // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/26/2008, Vol. 337 Issue 7663, p241
The article presents an obituary for John Robert Hearnshaw, former consultant physician at Leicester Royal Infirmary.
- Donald MacVicar. MacVicar, David // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/17/2007, Vol. 334 Issue 7589, p373
The article presents an obituary for Donald MacVicar, former consultant obstetrician and gynecologist at Leicester Royal Infirmary in England.
- Three children's heart surgery units to close 13 years after Bristol inquiry. Hawkes, Nigel // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;7/14/2012, Vol. 345 Issue 7865, p5
The article reports that three children's heart surgery units, at the Royal Brompton Hospital in London, at Leeds General Infirmary, and at Glenfield Hospital in Leicester are to close 13 years after the Bristol inquiry into deaths at the Bristol Royal Infirmary.
- Taking a gamma view of tumours. // Engineer (00137758);7/9/2004, Vol. 293 Issue 7655, p7
Reports on the launch of gamma cameras following a collaboration between the Bioimaging Unit of the Space Research Center at the University of Leicester, the Institute for Cancer Research at the Royal Marsden Hospital and medical physicists at the Leicester Royal Infirmary in England.