Ras sale sparks fear for selection quality
- Capita goes to the market for price of RAS purchase. // Public Finance;09/20/96, p7
Reports on the plans of Capita, a managed services company, to issue shares to fund its purchase of government-owned Recruitment and Assessment Services. Data on total value of shares to be issued.
- FS executives are struggling to find talent. // Treasurer;May2015, p9
Statistics concerning strategies adopted by the recruitment firms to reduce the gap between demand and supply of skilled resources in the financial sector has been discussed.
- Move to Privatize Big Easy Sewer Board Hits Snag on Way to Ballot. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p47
Reports on the decision of the Louisiana State Bond Commission to delay a referendum related to the privatization of the New Orleans Sewerage & Water Board. Concerns of some of the members of the Commission regarding the possible rise in the number of contracts because of privatization.
- Development II: the privatization of everything? Watts, Michael // Progress in Human Geography;Sep1994, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p371
No abstract available.
- Bulgaria's Privatisation Boost. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/31/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 48, p15
Focuses on two key Bulgarian privatisations. Other macroeconomic fundamentals that underline Bulgaria's improving credentials.
- The ethics of privatisation. Versi, Anver // African Business;Mar1997, Issue 219, p7
Discusses ethical issues concerning the privatization in Africa. Obstacles that the country needs to overcome; Concerns about the transfer of African economies into foreign hands; Acceptance of the concept of private enterprise; Need to put behind old ways of African economics founded on...
- Damned if you do; damned if you don't. Nevin, Tom // African Business;Jan1998, Issue 228, p13
Focuses on the pace of privatization program in South Africa. Negative effects of social and political pressures on program implementation; Impact made on various South African businesses; Issues about the government's control of the business enterprise in the country. INSET: Privatisations...
- 104 privatisations planned. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p17
Reports on the plans to privatize more than 104 companies with more than $650 million in Taiwan.
- Privatization in the former Soviet Union--one year later. Wessel, Robert H. // Business Economics;Jan1993, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p31
Discusses the expansion of privatization in the former Soviet Union and barriers hindering that expansion. Challenges in training and motivating a lethargic workforce; Joint ventures with western companies; Acceptance of western methods and attitudes of doing business; Need for many old defense...