BA takes cabin crew skills to higher plane
- The gray chicken is definitely out. Pope, Victoria // U.S. News & World Report;10/28/96, Vol. 121 Issue 17, p45
Discusses the efforts by Russian airline Aeroflot to improve its services. The training academy for flight attendants in Moscow; The history of Aeroflot; Its reputation of poor service; The director of Aeroflot, Yevgeni Shaposhnikov.
- GUINEA AIRLINE HOSTESSES TRAIN IN CANADA. // Ebony;Feb1963, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p71
The article offers information on the Canada Air Career School in Toronto, Ontario, which offers training for African women who wants to become stewardess and passenger agents.
- Under that smiling, calm exterior is a graduate Deltoid. Reiss, Bob // Smithsonian;Feb94, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p88
Investigates the training program for flight attendants for Delta Air Lines at the Delta Ground Training Center in Atlanta. Qualifications for training; Length of course; The school's Image Center; How classes are conducted; Topics covered; Make-believe emergency training; History of flight...
- Qantas serious about first-class service. // Air Transport World;Jun98, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p73
Reports that Qantas Airways Ltd. has used the criteria of merit instead of seniority in training flight attendants in Australia for the first class cabin.
- Airlines better prepared for medical emergencies. Hare, David // Las Vegas Business Press;12/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p15
Reports that airlines in the United States are better prepared for medical emergencies. Increase in the number of passengers who die from medical problems, according to the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration; Health-related training of flight attendants; Emergency response procedure called...
- VA's first Adelaide class graduate. // Travel Daily;1/22/2014, p8
The article reports that Virgin Australia's (VA) first group of cabin crew members recruited and trained at its new base in Adelaide, South Australia have graduated in January 2014.
- Cabin mockup is added to FSI training. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jul96, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p40
Reports that FlightSafety International added a full-size corporate aircraft cabin mockup to its flight attendant training program established in 1995. Setting for demonstrating the correct procedures in various situations; Program fee; Contact information.
- Lufthansa Joint Venture Boosts LanChile Training. Miller, Michael S. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/30/2000, Vol. 153 Issue 18, p64
Focuses on the joint venture between LanChile and Lufthansa Flight Training (LFT) to conduct training for flight attendants in Santiago, Chile. List of carriers participating in the training; Details of the revenue for the joint venture; Contribution of LFT to aviation safety.
- CZ's Aussie women in uniform. // Travel Daily;4/19/2012, p4
The article reports on the recruitment of 19-year-old Jessi Kennedy from Wollongong and Heather Corbett aged 25 from Newtown, New South Wales decked out in their China Southern Airlines uniforms fresh out from the carrier's flight attendant school in Guangzhou, China.