- From the Editor. Rudin, Joel P. // Journal of Workplace Rights;Jan2008, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Steve Jaros that offers a great deal of practical advice to assist workers in pressing their claims to fair pay, and another by Susie Jacobs on gender, liberalisation, and decollectivisation in rural Vietnam.
- PA&E moves up, U.S. gov. drops on top employers list. // Wenatchee Business Journal;May98, Vol. 12 Issue 5, pA5
Reports that the public sector continues to outrank the private sector among the major employers in Chelan and Douglas counties in Wenatchee, Washington. Results of the survey conducted by the Quest for Economic Development on top employers; Statistics on the number of employees in the fruit...
- Puerto Rico's labor mobility edged up. Valentin-Mari, Jeffry // Caribbean Business;11/16/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p13
Reports on the movement of workers between municipalities in Puerto Rico. Contents of the Puerto Rico Planning Board's 'Economic Report to the Governor 1999'; Concentration of manufacturing industries; Effect of the urban sprawl.
- Coming up in labor. // Management Review;Sep77, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p61
Discusses the result of a survey about employees' opinions on several labor issues in the United States. Collective bargaining; Cooperative efforts with the management; Union involvement in handling labor issues; Specific areas of productivity; Quality of work.
- Prï¿½cis. // Monthly Labor Review;Jan2002, Vol. 125 Issue 1, p46
Discusses issues related to labor in the U.S. as of January 2002. Level of participation of employees in an alternative-to-regular-employee work arrangements; Improvements in the quality of the workforce from 1990 to 2002; Causes of gains in labor quality; Classification of knowledge workers.
- Labor Month in Review. // Monthly Labor Review;Jun2001, Vol. 124 Issue 6, p2
Presents news briefs related to labor in the United States (U.S.) as of June 2001. Industries with multifactor productivity gains far beyond the others; Increase in labor productivity in 1999; Proportion of U.S. workers holding contingent jobs from February 1999 to February 2001.
- Conference Round-Up. // People Management;9/30/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p17
Presents news briefs on labor unions in Great Britain. Employment practices within unions in Great Britain; Demand to link pay to performance.
- A-26. Persons at work in nonagricultural industries by age, sex, race, marital status, and usual full- or part-time status. // Employment & Earnings;Feb99, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p34
Presents statistics on nonagricultural workers in the United States as of January 1999. Classification according to age, sex, race and marital status; Average number of work hours.
- Sick employees can do more harm than good. Glenn, David J. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/18/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 46, p4
Focuses on the harm brought by sick employees going to work in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Impact of presenteeism on labor productivity; Problems created by the employees on co-workers; Comparison on the dilemma of presenteeism and absenteeism.