New stadium and convention center for Boston?
- Stadiums and convention centers as community loss leaders. Wirtz, Ronald A. // Fedgazette;Mar2001, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p5
Discusses the economic disadvantages of stadiums and convention centers in the United States. Economic impact of sports teams and facilities; Substitution effects of sports facilities; Difficulties of measuring public welfare.
- Millennium Arena opens in Cardiff. // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;Aug2005, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p19
The article reports on the transformation of the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales into an exhibition arena. The grid and drape system allows the main bowl to be reduced into four potential staging configurations to accommodate events with audiences of between 12, 000 and 46, 000. The...
- The Big Islands. // Technology Meetings;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p24
Presents an update on convention centers, stadiums and hotels in Australia as of March 2002. Increase in the size of Alice Springs Convention Center; Expansion project for Melbourne's Crown Towers hotel; Services offered at the Stadium Australia; Construction project for a convention center in...
- White to keep convention center near top of agenda. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/26/96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p1
Reports on Cleveland, Ohio Mayor Michael White's plans to empanel a task force of specialists from the Convention & Visitors Bureau of Greater Cleveland and business leaders to study the need for a new convention complex. Focus of White's administration on completing an agreement with the...
- The wrong stuff? Orr, Jim // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/01/97, Issue 322193, p1
Presents comments from a cross-section of business, civic and political leaders in Fresno, California over the progression of the proposed downtown stadium, Roeding Business Park and convention center and their impact to the community. Includes comments from Downtown Association of Fresno...
- Reno's next big adventure. Vetter, Don // Casino Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p37
Focuses on the actions taken by the city of Reno, Nevada in response to the economic downturn. Proliferation of casinos in Reno; Amount invested by the state for the renovation of its convention center; Remodeling of the National Bowling Stadium.
- Lawmakers warm to bond-financing plan for Omaha arena. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;12/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30543, p1
Reports on a proposal to build an arena and convention center in downtown Omaha, Nebraska financed by bonds. Project cost; Citywide referendum urging a sales tax increase; Similarity of proposal to a tax-increment financing district; Lawmakers' reaction to the proposal; Projected donations from...
- Venue of the month. // Human Resources (09648380);Mar2008, p54
The article reports developments at the Twickenham Stadium located at Twickenham in London, England. The stadium has been redeveloping its south stand and conferencing facilities, adding 500 square meters of function space, a four-star Marriott Hotel and a Virgin Active Health Club. The new...
- Centres of excellence. White, Sara // Marketing Event;May2001, p29
Provides information on several exhibition venues in London, England, which are investing in technology to meet the demands of exhibition organizers. Wembley Arena; Earls Court Olympia; London Arena.