Connecticut's newest money man
- Connecticut deregulation bill gets treasurer's green light. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;04/20/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30375, p27
Discusses the economic impact of a proposed deregulation of Connecticut's private utilities. Securitization of state-imposed transition charge to recover stranded costs; Optimism about the deregulation bill; View of state Treasurer Paul J. Silvester that deregulation would be beneficial.
- Connecticut's interim treasurer announces plans for re-election. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p3
Reports on Paul J. Silvester's re-election plan as treasurer of Connecticut. Reasons for seeking a full elected term as treasurer; Accomplishments; Career background.
- Connecticut ex-treasurers bounce back in private sector. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30593, p4
Reports on the employment two former Connecticut state treasurers in the private sector. Paul J. Silvester's appointment at Columbus Circle Investors Inc.; Entry of Francisco L. Borges into Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.
- Conn. ethics panel OKs proposed changes. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30782, p2
Reports on the Connecticut State Ethics Commission's support for proposed changes to the ethics law which were drafted to curtail inappropriate activities by state leaders, following the scandal involving former state treasurer Paul J. Silvester. Silvester's plea of guilt for laundering money;...
- Paul Silvester out at new job with Washington consultant. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;7/26/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the termination of Paul Silvester as managing director at Park Strategies LLC. Probe on the alternative investments made by Silvester; Managers hired by Silvester.
- AT DEADLINE. // Pensions & Investments;11/24/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p1
The $36.8 billion Virginia Retirement System expects to increase its hedge fund exposure by up to $300 million, bringing it to $750 million to $800 million by the end of the first quarter of 2004. Paul Silvester, former Connecticut state treasurer, was sentenced by U.S. District Court in New...
- FBI probe of Connecticut ex-treasurer raises ethics concerns once again. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/08/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30721, p7
Reports that Paul Silvester is being investigated by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation concerning about $800 million in state pension fund investments he made with various firms. Absence of monetary effect on Connecticut.
- Connecticut Governor Vetoes Bill Aimed at Electoral Abuses. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/08/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30886, p40
Reports on Connecticut Governor John Rowland's vetoing of a campaign finance reform legislation. Countering of the abuses of the electoral process; Trial of Paul Silvester for collecting kickbacks.
- SEC Charges Eleven In Conn. Pension Case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/11/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30993, p2
Reports that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission has charged former Connecticut Treasurer Paul Silvester, two private equity firms, three of their officers and five others over an alleged kickback scheme involving investments of state pension fund money.