Bonds may be an option for Arkansas road improvement
- Arkansas' Huckabee impanels work group to devise highway funding plan. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/21/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30191, p36
Reports on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's creation of a special panel tasked to formulate a funding plan for the state's highways. Possible use of bonds as a financing option; Panel's plans to hold hearings to solicit financing ideas; Existing sources of funding for the state's highways.
- Arkansas leaders push first highway bonds in 50 years. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;04/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30613, p6
Reports that Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's effort to convince voters to approve $575 million of bonds for highways. Use of pay-as-you-go funding for road projects; Use of the proceeds from the sale of bonds.
- Truckers 'Flip-Flop' Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32259, p35
Reports on the criticism by Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee against the Arkansas Trucking Association's stance on a measure that seeks to extend the lifetime of a grant anticipation revenue vehicle program. Allocation of the debt; Request by the state for voters to approve a plan to continue...
- Arkansas Governor Pulls Support For $13B Highway Bond Program. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/31/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32101, p1
This article reports that Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee told reporters that he has decided to pull his support for a proposed $1.3 billion highway construction program that was expected to be largely financed with bonds in the hope of presenting the plan again during a special session later...
- Arkansas Lawmakers: Rosy Budget Forecast Could Jeopardize Finances. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31025, p32
Reports on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's revenue predictions for the state. Reactions to revenue estimates; Financial forecast of the administration.
- Arkansas Governor Says No to Dipping Into Tobacco Fund. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31295, p3
Reports on the demand for restoration of the state's share of the national tobacco settlement by Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Reason for opposition by the governor against the move; Effect of budget cuts in the state on medical aid programs; Amount of the state's debt to local jails.
- SOUTH CAROLINA: In South Carolina church, anti-same-sex marriage Huckabee eschews politics, preaches about getting to heaven. // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/17/2008, Issue 1047, p23
The article reports on the sermon of Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee who also seeks support from the Christian conservatives in South Carolina.
- Providers denounce Ark. budget-cut plan. Moore, J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;12/23/96, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p18
Reports indicate that Arkansas' Governor Mike Huckabee's decision to reform the state's Medicaid program received a wide range of opposition. Amount Huckabee proposed to cut from the state's program; Indepth look at how state's program is funded; Comments from key individuals.
- QUOTELINES. Wockner, Rex; Kelley, Bill // Windy City Times;1/16/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p9
The article presents quotations from presidential candidate Mike Huckabee confirming they are people who are homosexual who worked for him in the governor's office, syndicated gay-press columnist Chris Crain criticizing Mitt Romney for his cynical ploy to win over social conservatives, and "Wall...