Smith Barney's acquisition of Salomon is another vital step to global success
- Travelers Group, Salomon in $9 billion merger deal will form Salomon, Smith Barney Holdings, Inc. // Insurance Advocate;09/27/97, Vol. 108 Issue 38, p26
Reports on the merger between Salomon Inc. and Travelers Group's Smith Barney Holdings Inc. Salomon Smith Barney Holdings Inc. as the name of the merged entity; Key points of the merger agreement; Advantages from the merger for both companies.
- Salomon, Smith Barney to merge; market participants wonder who'll be next. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;09/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30238, p30
Reports on the planned merger between Salomon Inc. and Smith Barney Holdings Inc. Background information on the companies; Reactions from market participants on the deal.
- Salomon Fades Into History, and Citigroup Takes Its Place. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/7/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31609, p40
The investment banking company Salomon Smith Barney Inc. is closing down and Citigroup is taking its place. The brand Salomon Smith Barney, which was born when Travelers Group Inc. merged Smith Barney Holdings Inc. with Salomon Inc. in 1997, has been failed. Salomon was started before 90 years....
- Smith Barney shutters Omaha office; municipal business may be under review. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;09/16/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30231, p25
Reports on Smith Barney Inc.'s closure of its Omaha office. Elimination of at least five jobs; Firm's reevaluation of its core municipal business; Comments from executives; Scaling back of the firm's municipal operation; Absence of plan for any additional closings; Plan to internally relocate...
- Smith Barney tops stockbroker ranking. R.P. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/02/98, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the largest stock brokerage firms on Long Island, New York based on the number of licensed stockbrokers for the week ending February 2, 1998. Includes Smith Barney; Royce Investment Group; Janney Montgomery Scott.
- Smith Barney tops stockbroker ranking. C.F. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/5/96, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p27
Announces that Smith Barney is the top stockbroker of Long Island, New York for February 1996.
- Salomon-Barney cost savings are just on target. Horowitz, Jed // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/16/98, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p7
Presents information on the headcount and projected cost savings of Salomon Smith Barney. Comments from James Dimon, co-chief executive of the company; Estimated number of persons who left the company's payroll; Expectations of megamergers among financial service firms; Detailed information on...
- Salomon loses a top block trader as effort stalls. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/06/98, Vol. 64 Issue 14, p7
States that Salomon Smith Barney's equity block trading business suffered a setback the week of April 4, 1998, after losing its co-head of block trading, Bill Schneider. Company that has employed Schneider; Changes made in management due to loss of Schneider; Information pertaining to the firm.
- Seminars planned on estate preservation. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/10/97, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p12
Reports on Smith Barney's plans to launch a series of free seminars on estate preservation on Long Island, New York on March 20-22, 1997.