- Derivatives & structured products. // Bond Buyer;10/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30255, p30
No abstract available.
- S&P derivatives ratings ahead of 1996 pace. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;10/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30255, p31
No abstract available.
- Derivatives need not be risky. Liebich, Kim // Business Credit;Oct95, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on various aspects of derivatives. Definitions; Risk hedging strategies; Hedging currency risk through purchase of currency options; Use of currency forwards to lock in effective interest rate in foreign borrowing; Refinancing with interest rate swaps; Pension use of S&P 500 futures;...
- Insurance or gambling? Stout, Lynn A. // Brookings Review;Winter96, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on risks involved in derivatives trading in the United States. Description of derivatives as risk management tools and financial products; Opposition to government regulation of derivatives trading.
- The prudent use of derivatives. Minahan, John R. // Employee Benefits Journal;Dec95, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p38
Discusses different types of derivatives and how they can be used to add value and/or reduce risk in an investment program. Definition and classification; Controlling the use of derivatives.
- Price risk intermediation in the over-the-counter derivatives markets: Interpretation of a global... Kambhu, John; Keane, Frank // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Apr96, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p1
Analyzes the results of a 1995 global survey of the financial derivatives markers' size and structures. Small exposures to price risks by dealers in aggregate in meeting end-user demands; Price shocks; Overall effects of the derivatives markets. INSETS: Box 1: Notational amounts and market...
- The recent growth of financial derivative markets. Remolona, Eli M. // Quarterly Review (01476580);Winter92/93, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p28
Examines the patterns of growth exhibited by the various types of derivative markets. Patterns of growth in derivative markets; Forces driving derivatives growth; The life cycle of innovation; The demand for liquidity; The demand for ways to transfer interest rate; The global diversification of...
- The economic benefits and risks of derivative securities. Sill, Keith // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);Jan/Feb97, p15
States that derivative security markets have shown extraordinary growth but certain events have raised concern about the risks associated with derivatives trading. Definition of derivatives; The development of derivatives markets; Some economic benefits of derivative securities; Derivative's...
- Classes of derivatives. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Sep96, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p792
Discusses several types of derivatives, contracts that derive their market values by reference to a physical commodity. Forward contracts; Option contracts.