- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.
- The Bond Buyer new-issue calendar. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p8
Presents a listing of municipal bond and note offerings announced in August 1997. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated bonds; Issuer; Description; Amount; Financial adviser; Maturing.
- Sealed bids invited. Parkes, Tim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p12
Presents a listing of municipal bond offerings announced in August 1997. Bond offerings in Arkansas; Connecticut; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Texas.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p15
Reports on the results of negotiated municipal bond sales completed in July-August 1997. California Economic Development Financing Authority; Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority; Cohasset, Minnesota; Taxable issues.
- Results of competitive sales. Herring, Felita; Alcoba, Marcello // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p20
Reports on the results of competitive municipal bond sales announced in August 1997. Bond sale by Henry County, Alabama; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Kansas.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p22
Presents a listing of municipal bonds called in September 1997. Bonds in California; Colorado; Kansas; Michigan; Missouri; Oregon.
- Munis get lift as lack of supply, fear of volatility stifle trading. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p1
Reports on the result of trading in municipal bonds in the United States on September 2, 1997. Factors affecting trading; Floatation and pricing of California revenue anticipation notes; Negotiations for the securities of the New York State Thruway Authority.
- Two-pronged refunding lures players back to market after summer vacation. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p7
Reports on Mid-West municipal bond offerings. Coupon rate, maturity, rating and yield of Kent County, Michigan's general obligation bonds; Refunding of the Northwest, Illinois' Suburban Municipal Joint Action Water Agency; Two-pronged utility system revenue and special obligation offering.
- Retail reader's guide. // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p7
Presents charts and graph on municipal bonds in the United States. Municipal market data (MMD) yield curve as of September 1, 1997; MMD Illinois yield curve.