N.Y. Urban Development Corp. plans streamlined resolution
- Rail link examined. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;6/12/95, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p46
Reports on New York State Urban Development's plan to review the economic benefits of extending the Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North in New York City's downtown.
- New Bond Indenture Has New York Issuer's Debt Moving Up the Rating Scale. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31369, p28
Reports the impact of bond indenture on the rating of the state Urban Development Corp. in New York. Change undertaken by the state on debt policies; Role of the corporation in raising capital for government projects; Expected revenues to cover debt service costs under the plan.
- LI in competition for EDZs. Goldberg, Carol // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/20/93, Vol. 40 Issue 51, p1
Presents an overview of the ongoing competition among Long Island (LI) communities for the 15 economic development zone (EDZ) slots sought by legislation for approval by New York State Urban Development Corp.'s `Opportunity Zones' program. Profile of Central Islip; Five other applicants from LI...
- Schein gets UDC expansion loan. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 27, p3
Reports on the completion of arrangements for the expansion loan of Henry Schein Incorporated from the New York State Urban Development Corporation (UDC). Amount of the loan; Business activities of Schein; Use of the loan.
- Local firm receives $50,000 state UDC working capital loan. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/29/95 - 6/5/95, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p8
Reports that Middletown, N.Y.-based Onfaco Inc. has received a $50,000 working capital loan from the Urban Development Corp. Assistance for Onfaco to expand business in transportation for the physically handicapped.
- Multimedia group funded; expands to Dutchess. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/15/95, Vol. 6 Issue 27, p24
Reports on Entrepreneurial Catalyst Forum's receipt of a grant from the New York State Urban Development Corp. Establishment of a Multimedia Access and Study Center (MASC) as purpose of the grant.
- Assemblyman Perry and Silver want B'klyn Development Center. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;7/2/94, Vol. 85 Issue 27, p9
Informs about the bill has been introduced by the 58th Assembly District member Nick Perry and supported by Speaker Sheldon Silver for the creation of an African-American and Caribbean Development Center that is to be funded by State Urban Development Corporation.
- N.Y. State Agency Sets $295M PIT Bond Sale for Next Month. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/25/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32245, p32
Reports on the plan of the New York State Urban Development Corp. to sell multimillion-dollars worth of personal income. Reason for the sale; Recipients of the proceeds of the sale; Significance of the sale to the state agency.
- LET THERE BE BLIGHT: BLIGHT CONDEMNATIONS IN NEW YORK AFTER GOLDSTEIN AND KAUR. Somin, Ilya // Fordham Urban Law Journal;May2011, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p1193
The article analyzes the New York Court of Appeals' two blight condemnation decisions. It describes the background of the Kaur v. New York State Urban Development Corp. (NYSUDC) and Goldstein v. NYSUDC. It discusses Kaur and Goldstein's treatment of the federal constitutional standard for...