Stepping up to the challenge of competition
- Ready to rumble. Wolpin, Bill // World Wastes;Feb98, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p4
Editorial. Presents highlights from the 1998 Solid Waste Association of North American conference. Theme; Call for the refinement of public businesses' practices; Transition being undergone by the solid waste industry.
- SWANA grows in numbers, dollars. Warner, Edward // Waste News;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the increase in the membership of the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA). Financial performance for the fiscal year 1998; Contributing factors; Organization expenses; Views of the waste management industry by SWANA chief executive officer John Skinner.
- SWANA chapter honors N.C. county. // Waste News;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p30
Announces the North Carolina Chapter of the Solid Waste Association of North America's selection of Buncombe County General Services Dept. in North Carolina as its Gold Awardee for best integrated solid waste program for 1999.
- SWANA membership peaks. Lafferty, Brennan // Waste News;9/27/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p4
This article reports that membership has never been greater in the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA). Organizers proudly told those gathered in Phoenix for Wastecon that their membership is now nearly 7,300 strong. In addition, the association has added online training courses and...
- SWANA Issues Policy on Waste to Energy. Gerlat, Allan // Waste Age Expert Blog;1/18/2012, p3
The article reports that a policy on waste-to-energy (WTE), asserting it as an important part of a solid waste management system, has been released by the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA).
- Changing quickly to industry dynamics is key to survival. // World Wastes;Aug98, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p20
Interviews Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) president Stephen Maguin regarding living in the present waste world. Includes key issues in solid waste management; Challenges facing the present solid waste manager; Goals for SWANA.
- SWANA presents excellence awards. // American City & County;Oct94, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the winners of the Solid Waste Association of North America's 1994 Excellence Awards Program. Palm Beach County Solid Waste Authority's North County Trasnfer Station; Seminole County Transfer Station in Longwood, Florida; Metropolitan Toronto's Waste Diversion Program; Horry County...
- The Long-Term Environmental Risks of Subtitle D Landfills. // MSW Management;Jun2009, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p12
The article presents a research project, carried by the Solid Waste Association of North America Applied Research Foundation's Disposal Group, to summarize environmental risks of Subtitle D landfills in the U.S. Studies have discovered that the environmental impacts of Subtitle D is acceptable...
- Nominees Needed for Lawrence Lecturer Award and Annual Awards Program. // MSW Management;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p12
The article offers information on the different awards in the field of solid waste management in the U.S. The Lawrence Lecturer award is given to leaders and experts who are recognized for environmental protection efforts. The Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) annual awards...