As the compost turns
- Materials and Methods. // Compost Science & Utilization;Summer98, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p5
Presents an overview of studies on the materials and methods used in composting. Optimization of an automated continuous flow vermicomposting technology; Yard trimmings and biosolids cocompost as an alternative to sphagnum peat moss.
- Industry news. // BioCycle;Jul97, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p87
Features products and equipment for the composting industry. Includes the Megagrind recycling grinder from Rexworks Inc.; Tub grinder from Portec Environmental Products; Top Select Plus collection vehicle from Labrie.
- Industry News. // BioCycle;Aug2000, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p87
Presents several products for the compost industry. Smaller units for producing colored mulch from Amerimulch; Excalibur compost monitor for temperature measurement from Morgan Scientific; Excavator attachment from Bandit Industries.
- MAINTENANCE COSTS FOR WINDROW TURNERS. // BioCycle;Jan2001, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p23
Presents an answer to the question on the maintenance costs for windrow turners.
- What's new in the daily grind. Green, Carol // World Wastes;Jan1999, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p32
Presents information on new composting equipment and greenwaste reduction products in the United States based on a 1999 survey of `World Wastes.' Model 3680 Beast Recycler from Bandit Industries Inc.; Biogrind, a woodwaste grinder from Construction Machinery Inc.; Pneumatic conveying system for...
- Industry news. // BioCycle;Dec97, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p87
Features products for compost industry. Glass processing machine; Compaction reduction; Solids shredder; Wastewater clarification system; Automatic dumpster lock; Articulated wheel loader; Portable trommel; Noise abatement roadside wall; High rate anaerobic system; Auger silo unloader; Textile...
- DIGESTERS BRING ENERGY AND FERTILIZER TO DAIRY FARMS. // BioCycle;May2000, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p76
Features the anaerobic digester for manure management at Haubenschild Farm Inc. in Princeton, Minnesota. Cost of installation; How the digester works; Outlook for the digesters according to John Lamb of The Minnesota Project.
- Prudent Maintenance Practices. Block, Dave // BioCycle;May99, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p58
Discusses the guidelines followed by operators of large grinding equipment for composting and mulching. Importance of maintenance schedule; Steps included in basic maintenance; Maintenance for grinder hammers.
- Industry News. // BioCycle;Feb99, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p88
Presents information on new equipment for recycling and composting in 1999. Materials recovery facility system from Wildcat Manufacturing; Float tank device from Flo-cait Environmental Systems; Replacement wear parts for tub grinders and horizontal feed machines from U.S. Manufacturing (USM).