Lean, mean processing machines
- Have you changed your oil lately? Armel, Anne // Process Heating;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p6
Discusses maintenance of heat processing equipment. Attitudes of companies; Design of machinery; Anecdotes.
- NED'S TIPS FOR IMPROVING YOURSELF. // New Equipment Digest;Aug2002, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p10
Presents resources for industrial product maintenance. 'Overall Equipment Effectiveness,' by Robert C. Hansen; ''Facility Manager's Guide'; '2002 National Construction Estimator,' from the Craftsman Book Co.
- Maintaining profits. Hernan, Patrick // Pit & Quarry;Feb96, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p20
Reports that manufacturers worldwide stress the cost-saving importance of routine maintenance of industrial equipment to ensure profits. Maintenance of equipment; Instructions of equipment manufacturers; Value of diligence in routine maintenance. INSET: Get a better bite from bucket teeth..
- Stop breakdowns before they happen. // Pit & Quarry;May96, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p34
Describes an effective heavy equipment maintenance program. Planned maintenance; Programmed maintenance; Preventive maintenance; Points to remember when deciding which equipment to purchase; Evaluating a company's technical environment; Doing research on possible technical improvements.
- Predicting equipment breakdowns. // Futurist;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p8
Emphasizes the need for equipment predictive maintenance in industries. Condition-monitoring; Spending vibration sensing; Oil-debris analysis; Sales increase.
- Maintenance management tools stop dollar drain. Andel, Tom // Transportation & Distribution;Sep96, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p63
Focuses on the use of computer-based management tools for solving damage brought about by poor maintenance of industrial equipment. Basic purpose of maintenance management tools; Comment by Cary Gambrell, industry marketing manager with JD Edwards; Features of the Maintenance Logic System from...
- Do your plant systems perform as they should? Commissioning is one way to ensure they do. Katzel, Jeanine; Lillie, E. Thomas // Plant Engineering;Apr97, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p144
Discusses commissioning as an alternative in ensuring the optimum performance of industrial equipment. Development of a commissioning plan; Qualifications of the person who will perform the commissioning services; Role of the commissioning agent during the construction of industrial equipment.
- Making the only choice in maintenance. Rahman, Mahmudur // IIE Solutions;Aug96, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p18
Offers information on the proper maintenance of manufacturing machines and equipment. Cost of machine failure in the absence of an effective and efficient maintenance program; Avoidance of worker injury; Importance of optimizing staffing; Steps for managers in establishing standard time values...
- Out with the old? Weinstein, Bob // Entrepreneur;Apr95, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p54
Focuses on the issues related with replacing equipment. Machinery replacement scenario; Payback and machinery replacement; Technical suggestions regarding replacement.