Zen and the art of fleet maintenance
- Web-based breakdown service. // Fleet Owner;Dec99, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p76
States that iFleet.net company has started offering a breakdown management service over the Internet to trucking industry. Details on the breakdown management service; Information on the activities of iFleet.net company.
- Lift trucks: Preventive medicine. Bond, Josh // Modern Materials Handling;May2012, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p44
The article presents advice on how fleet managers of lift trucks can prepare for inadvertent costs. Kenco Fleet Services national accounts manager Allen Polk cites the elements of the so-called awareness curve which are suspicion, data, recognition and change. It is said that outsourcing fleet...
- How to... get the best from your motor fleet. // Charter;May2013, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p40
The article discusses the importance of management planning for dealing with the motor vehicle fleet in any business in Australia. It reports that motor vehicle fleet is a valuable asset of the business and it is usually its third-highest outgoing after salaries and rent. It reports that fleet...
- Lift truck fleet maintenance: Slow and steady cuts the cost. BOND, JOSH // Modern Materials Handling;May2013, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p49
The article describes the value of technology and data in lift truck fleet maintenance and help fleet owners identify and cut costs. Experts say that the key to an optimal lift truck fleet maintenance program is to take things slowly. A holistic approach to fleet maintenance is recommended,...
- Thatâ€™s a wrap. Blum, Jonathan // Entrepreneur;Oct2015, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p72
The article discusses the use of Record360, an inventory tracking applications for Android and iphones from rental software industry, by the Quixote Studios,Hollywood production company, to control damage of the fleets. It highlights that the every Quixote vehicle is checked out the application...
- Reduce Maintenance Costs with Diagnostic Software from International. // Fleet Equipment;Dec99, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p51
Focuses on the Master Diagnostics Fleet Software from Navistar International Corp. How fleets can save a significant amount of money by using it; Personal computers on which it can be used; Purchase price.
- Contract maintenance. Levandoski, Robert C. // Beverage Industry;Jul93, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p52
Reports on trends in the maintenance and repair of the beverage industry's truck fleets. Ownership and service options; Preferences of company owners; Impact of technological advancements in truck design; Rules of the Environmental Protection Agency; Findings of the reader survey of `Beverage...
- Lubed for life? Moore, Tom // Fleet Owner;Nov97, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p81
Discusses the move of fleet operators to develop engine, drivetrain and wheel-end components that are properly engineered and matched for long life. Advantages and disadvantages of the maintenance free concept or the low lubrication components; Experiences of the fleet operators who...
- CCJ SEEKS NOMINEES. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p15
Announces the nomination for Commercial Carrier Journal 26th annual Fleet Maintenance Executive Career Leadership Award. Inclusion of a brief biography of the nominee; Opportunity for participation in the annual meeting of the Technology and Maintenance Council; Schedule for filing of nominations.