Helping paint recycling's picture
- A brush with success: Recycling paint in King County. Cole, Lauren // World Wastes;May98, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the success in recycling latex paint in King County, Washington. Reduction in the amount of latex-based paint collected by the county's mobile collection unit; Sorting of the collected paint; Concerns over the incidence of abandoned paint.
- High-performance latexes expand formulating choices. Boje, Gwen // Paint & Coatings Industry;Aug95, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p46
Discusses the use of high-performance latexes in expanding paint formulation choices. Description of high-performance latex; Stain-blocking latex; Formulation constants and paint properties; Flat house paint.
- Tricks in pretreat. Davis, Dan // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p34
Presents information on the paint industry in the United States while focusing on the use of conversion coating in solving the `smut' problems received from magnesium parts. Information on how Applied Coating Technology Incorporated (ACT) dealt with its smut problem; Details on electronic...
- Recycling Waste Latex Paint in Concrete with Added Value. Mohammed, Abduirahman; Nehdi, Moncef; Adawi, Aiham // ACI Materials Journal;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p367
The article discusses the use of leftover household paint to manufacture concrete, investigating the effect of waste latex paint (WLP) on the fresh and mechanical properties of concrete. Such properties, the authors state, include air content, slump and slump loss, plastic density, setting time,...
- Wash. county recycles paint. // Waste News;10/27/97, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p32
Reports that the Solid Waste Division of King County, Washington is helping to launch a one-year pilot project to collect and recycle latex paint within the county. Number of paint stores that agreed to help.
- Connecticut to Adopt Paint Recycling Program. Wright, Tim // Coatings World;Jun2011, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
The author reflects on the paint recycling program for retail paints in Connecticut. He states that the American Coatings Association will facilitate the nominal payment for architectural paint disposal and recycling in retail stores. He mentions that the Department of Environmental Protection...
- ACA Testifies in Support of PaintCareÂ® Bill Before the New Jersey Assembly. // CoatingsTech;Aug2014, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p23
The article focuses on the testimony of the American Coatings Association (ACA) before the New Jersey Assembly Environment and Sold Waste Committee on Assembly Bill 1603 to support the PaintCareÂ® program. Topics discussed include the Architectural Paint Stewardship Act, the Hazardous...
- Paint recycler expands operation. Truini, Joe // Waste News;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p4
Reports on California recycler Amazon Environmental Inc.'s expansion of recycled latex paint sales in the western United States. Teamup with Dunn-Edwards Corp. to offer recycled paint in six states.
- PAINTING GREEN. Hucal, Michelle // Environmental Design & Construction;Nov2007, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p51
The article offers information on the national environmental standard for recycled-content latex paint established by Green Seal Inc. in the U.S. in August 2006. It states that specification of a recycled paint product must consider areas such as cost, recyclability, and overall environmental...