The hidden costs of idling
- FFA gives old tractors new life. Bechman, Tom J. // Indiana Prairie Farmer;Jul2012, Vol. 186 Issue 7, p52
The article focuses on the initiation of the Indiana Future Farmers of America (FFA) Tractor Drive program in 2012.
- DELIVERING IN STYLE. // Truck & Driver;Mar2005, p26
The article presents information on shows done by classic-car enthusiast, George Richardson. He moves his collection round the shows on a restored ERF LV plus Hoyner trailer. He bought and restored an ERF LV tractor unit and uses it to haul a seven-car capacity Hoyner Mark II car transporter...
- Suffolk engineer drives classic tractor 1,000 miles for charity. Andrews, James // Farmers Weekly;9/11/2015, Issue 1044, p1
The article reports on agricultural engineer Olly Rofix who is embarking on a 1,000-mile drive in a 1952 Nuffield tractor to raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust. It mentions that he will drive from Land's End complex in England to John O' Groats village in Scotland. It adds that he fought...
- MAN ENOUGH? // Truck & Driver;Sep2002, p12
Features on the F2000 Evolution 8x4 tractor between Seville and Cordoba in Spain. Identification as the MAN heavy haulage range; Description of the drive axles; Capabilities.
- 10 Signs You Grew Up On A Farm. // Beef Expert Blog;2/ 5/2014, p3
A list of signs that one grew up on a farm is presented which includes giving directions not by streets, but by fields and land marks, the ability to drive tractors, and planning events around planting and harvesting.
- Indy 500 tractor quals. Miller, Guy K. // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p36
Recalls how an inexperienced driver operated a tractor used in moving fighter planes aboard ships. Damage done when the tractor caught the 3-wire; Reaction of the ship's crew on his performance.
- Arch enemy. // Truck & Driver;Oct2013, p19
The article presents the comments of a reader of the periodical Dick Flute for driving with heavy weight trucks in the medieval centre of Limburg in Germany.
- Training&Learning. // Horticulture Week;6/1/2012, p27
A calendar of training and learning events for Great Britain in June 2012 is presented which includes a one-day course on tractor driving and operation on June 22, one-day course for senior managers to manage cemeteries on June 20, and a Lantra course for all-terrain vehicle training on June 19.
- At what age can I drive a... Braithwaite, Mike; Collings, Andy // Farmers Weekly;3/8/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 10, p88
Answers questions on driving agricultural tractors. Age limits for tractor drivers; Difference between driving a harvester and a pea viner; Issues concerning drivers' licenses.