Six steps to value engineering
- Value Engineering: A Second Look. Kuhn, James P. // Industrial Management;Mar71, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p13
Focuses on the issues related to value engineering (VE). Principles of VE; Comparison between VE and industrial engineering; Development phase of the cost control.
- Improvised Musical Play: A Strategy for Fostering Social Play Between Developmentally Delayed and Nondelayed Preschool Children. Gunsberg, Andrew // Journal of Music Therapy;Winter1988, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p178
This study examined the effectiveness of Improvised Musical Play (IMP), an intervention technique using improvised music and lyrics to facilitate social play between developmentally delayed and nondelayed children in mainstreamed settings. Ten videotaped episodes of IMP were conducted with 12...
- Assessment of Improvement of Preventive Maintenance (PM) Systems Related to the Civil Projects Using Concepts of Value Engineering (VE). Sobhanollahi, M. A.; Kazemi, A.; Ghodratnama, A. // International Journal of Engineering (1025-2495);Dec2014, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p1877
The purpose of this paper is to use the concepts of value engineering (VE) in evaluating the improvement caused by preventive maintenance (PM) systems in civil projects. A real case is used to show how we can implement the proposed method. VE is the systematic application of recognized...
- Calculation of Transient Processes in Phaseâ€Controlled Discrete Systems Using the MATLAB 6.0 Software. Batura, M.P.; Gan'shin, D.A. // Journal of Engineering Physics & Thermophysics;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p464
The issues of investigation and analysis of phase-controlled discrete systems are considered. Two methods of modeling (piecewise analytical and simulation) are proposed. The characteristic properties of the imp lementation of the simulation method are analyzed from the viewpoint of the use of...
- ACCESSORY FILE. Thompson, Art // Guitar Player;Nov2006, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p158
The article evaluates Z. Vex Effects' IMP AMP tube guitar amplifiers.
- Development of an Impedance Matching Program for Balancing the Current Distribution in a Tri-axial HTS Power Cable. Ha, Sun-Kyoung; Kim, Sung-Kyu; Kim, Jin-Geun; Park, Minwon; Yu, In-Keun; Lee, Sangjin; Sim, Kideok // Journal of Superconductivity & Novel Magnetism;Apr2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p759
The tri-axial high temperature superconducting (HTS) power cable design has several advantages when compared with other HTS power cables. However, this design has an imbalance in the three phase currents, as the phase conductors of the tri-axial HTS power cable have different radii. The radii of...
- Immutep Reports Good Breast Cancer Results. // BioWorld International;1/7/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p4
This article reports on the positive results obtained by Immutep SA from an ongoing Phase I/II trial of its ImmuFact IMP321 chemoimmunotherapy for metastatic breast carcinoma. Particular focus is given to the effect of ImmuFact IMP321 on major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class II molecules....
- Better Use of Value Engineering in Project Delivery. Dell'Isola, Michael D. // Cost Engineering;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p23
Value engineering (VE) has tremendous potential to improve the delivery of projects, but its use or misuse over the past 50 years has tended to create a negative environment and skepticism. The application of VE needs to adapt and expand to better address today's projects that often have...
- Restoration of the Imp. // British Woodworking;Apr2014, Issue 43, p13
In this article, the author discusses the restoration of his inherited Coronet Imp Bandsaw that was repainted to match with his father's other workshop equipments and also informs that the clean up and removal of corrosion helps in excellent working of the Imp.