How to reduce UST cleanup costs
- Expenses of replacing underground storage tanks are deductible. // Practical Accountant;Jun98, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p22
Offers information on the Revenue Ruling 98-25 under Section 162, which states that expenses related to the replacement of underground storage tanks (USTs) containing waste by-products are deductible as business expenses. Reference to the cost incurred by a corporation which produced waste-by...
- Fund's end has tank owners seeking coverage. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;4/10/95, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p4
Reports the decision of Michigan to close bankrupt state funds that aids tankowners pay for cleanups. Possible impact of the decision on tank owners and operators; Insolvent state of the Michigan Underground Storage Tank Financial Assurance program; Discussion on the closure of the program.
- New state fund may help city in downtown cleanup efforts. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;07/28/97, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p1
Reports that the Arizona Legislature has passed an $18 million appropriation as part of a new Water Quality Assurance Revolving Fund which can be used for remediation efforts in downtown Tucson, Arizona. Need to clean above-ground storage tanks; Contamination sites; Submission of a cleanup plan...
- Untitled. Bodwin, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;9/13/93, Vol. 9 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the mailing out of 50 million dollars by the Michigan Underground Storage Tank Financial Assurance Fund (MUSTFA) as payment for underground tank cleanups. Reimbursement for approved invoices for cleanups performed before August 31, 1993; Legislation allowing the state to issue bonds...
- Robot inspects tanks. // Pollution Engineering;Dec97, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p12
Describes the Fury robot which inspects underground storage tanks without disrupting service. Robot's components; Robot operation.
- Cleanup of storage tanks re-emerges as issue. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;7/15/96, Vol. 12 Issue 29, p4
Reports on the issue of cleanup of leaking underground storage tanks in Michigan. Draft report offering legislative possibilities that tackle the task; Debate on the use of state money.
- A recipe for reform in site remediation. Dwyer, Steve // National Petroleum News;Dec95, Vol. 87 Issue 13, pS20
Focuses on the standard procedures for oil storage tanks cleanup programs provided by the Risk-Based Corrective Action (RCBA) approach. Principles of the risk-based approach; Development of the approach; RCBA as contrary to the implemented remediation technologies; Continued showing of the...
- Quicker cleaning process improves vessel utilization. // Offshore;Oct2001, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p134
Focuses on the use of automated cleaning systems for bulk liquid carriers. Benefits; Advantages over manual cleaning; Information on the Gunclean 270FT nozzle system.
- Robots convert sludge to power. Reimer, Kevin P.; Sievert, Paul // Power Engineering;Aug95, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p55
Presents a cleaning process for above-ground fuel storage tanks (AST) using robotics and advanced phase-separation techniques. AST safety and environmental regulations; Conventional cleaning drawbacks; Fuel recovery and performance of robotic methods.