Cult, culture, and cultivation: The contributions of individual psychology
- The Creating Context Technique. Wheeler, Mary S. // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Dec97, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p396
Looks at the Creating Context Technique developed by the author to assist clients process disturbing memories, with focus on Adlerian pyschology. Features of this technique; Benefits to be derived from the use of this technique; Reference made to a variety of symptoms which the technique is...
- Drawing a family: Family Art Assessment in Adlerian therapy. DeOrnellas, Kathy; Kottman, Terry; Millican, Vicki // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Dec97, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p451
Presents information on the Family Art Assessment Technique, with focus on Adlerian therapy. How does the family function as a group; Methodology used to develop the technique; Conclusions reached.
- Healing community: An Adlerian approach. Kopp, Richard R. // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Mar97, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p23
Focuses on the Adlerian approach to healing community. What is meant by community; Explanation of the symptoms of a community in need of healing; Principles for creating a healing community.
- Humbug: Apperceptions of a controller. Eirik, Sten // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Mar97, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p81
Focuses on the apperceptions of a controller. Reference to Charles Dickens' novel `A Christmas Carol (1843/1967); Views on the symptoms of a controlling type.
- Applications of Adlerian Principles in School Settings. Pryor, Deborah B.; Tollerud, Toni R. // Professional School Counseling;Apr99, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p299
Explores some applications of Adlerian principles that counselors can use or adapt in their work with students and teachers in the classroom. Fundamental social nature of people; Effects of choices people make to satisfy their needs on personality; Adler's model of humanity; Four goals of...
- Compatibility of Adlerian theory and practice with the philosophy nd practices of alcoholics anonymous. Carroll, Jane J. // Journal of Addictions & Offender Counseling;Apr99, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p50
Investigates the compatibility of tenets of Adlerian theory and practice with the philosophy and practices of Alcoholics Anonymous. Causes and maintenance of alcohol dependence; Definition of alcohol dependence; Role of Alcoholics Anonymous in promoting sobriety.
- Some Characteristics of Research on Alderian Psychological Theory. 1970-1981. Watkins Jr., C. Edward // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Mar83, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p99
Examines the characteristics of research on Adlerian psychological theory. Identification of the changes and variation present in research investigation; Exploration of the diminution of birth-order studies; Presentation of research reference list.
- Respecting Cultural Uniqueness: An Adlerian Approach. Newlon, Betty J.; Arciniega, Miguel // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Jun83, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p133
Discusses the psychological approach of Alfred Adler toward cultural uniqueness. Awareness of minority groups on their rights and privileges; Denial of equal access to counseling and psychological care; Details of the totality of a cultural group and its interacting systems.
- A Model for Using Teacher Study Groups in Consulting. Jacques, Ron W. // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Jun83, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p189
Discusses the use of Adlerian psychology as a technique in consulting with teachers. Establishment of a consulting relationship between teachers and children in the classroom; Differences between encouragement and praises; Details on the general guidelines for class meetings with the teacher group.