- ALSTOM TRANSPORT. // Rail Business Intelligence;2012 Rail Business Awards Preview, p22
The article presents information on Virgin Trains' Class 390 Pendolino electric multiple units (EMUs), maintained by Aistom Transport at its five Traincare Centres.
- Shrewsbury-London plan. // Modern Railways;Mar2013, Vol. 70 Issue 774, p15
The article reports on the application filed by Virgin Trains to the government of Great Britain for the operation of two direct trains a day from Shrewsbury to London Euston in England starting December 2013.
- IN BRIEF. // Rail Business Intelligence;9/18/2014, Issue 470, p3
The article reports that two Nectar points to be offer by the Great Britain train operating company Virgin Trains for every one pound spent on tickets purchased through website located on "virgin-trains.com."
- Stop a Pendolino and buy one. // Modern Railways;Sep2011, Vol. 68 Issue 756, p38
A photograph of an ice cream van used by Virgin Trains for promotions that looks similar to a Pendolino electric train is presented.
- Virgin Trains overhaul. // Travel Daily;11/25/2015, p7
The article reports that Virgin Trains has decided to spend 21m pound into a train refurbishment plan for its fleet of 46 trains operating from York to London, England, and Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Passengers set investment. // Rail Business Intelligence;10/2/2014, Issue 471, p4
The article discusses findings of a Virgin Trains customer survey including preference for customer loyalty rewards, improvement of waiting areas and better facilities, from which Virgin Group investment priorities were determined such as priority boarding, reward programmes and station upgrades.
- Virgin wins franchise extension until 2014. Harrow, Steven // Railways Illustrated;Feb2013, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p18
The article announces that Virgin Trains has been given a 23-month extension to its running of the Intercity West Coast operation.
- Virgin ends loco haulage with last 1K39. Flowers, Andy // Railways Illustrated;Feb2013, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p16
The article informs that Virgin Trains has ended its booked use of a freightliner Class 90 hauling its Mk 3 'Pretendollno' set on 1K39.
- Virgin challenge over Shrewsbury. Miles, Tony // Modern Railways;Aug2013, Vol. 70 Issue 779, p17
The article reports that train operating company Virgin Trains has challenged the decision by British rail operator Network Rail to refuse paths for the proposed twice daily services to Shrewsbury and Blackpool to the railway Access Dispute Resolution Committee.