Events are just the job
- Conference Special. // Training & Development Journal;Jun73, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p39
Highlights the 1973 conference of the American Society of Training and Development (ASTD), held in Miami Beach, Florida. Inclusion of awards presented to honor outstanding activities and services by ASTD chapters; Charters received by the Piedmont chapter and the Central Missouri chapter of the...
- Learning to play a part. Manocha, Rima // People Management;5/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p14
Provides information on a conference sponsored by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development in 2002, which focused on the impact of employee training and development. Highlights of the conference; Theme of the conference.
- NSDC CALENDAR. // Journal of Staff Development;Apr2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p60
A calendar of events for the National Staff Development Council (NSDC) May 31 to December 8, 2010 is presented which include the NSDC's Summer Conference on July 18-21 in Seattle, Washington, the opening of registration in July for the NSDC's 42nd Annual Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, and the...
- "If you think learning belongs in the classroom...enjoy the view as your competitors overtake you". CLEGG, ALICIA // People Management;Aug2014, p10
The article discusses a roundtable discussion on learning and development (L&D) hosted by workplace learning research organization Towards Maturity, highlighting discussions of how learning can take place outside of a classroom. Topics addressed include the importance of evaluating the...
- Expo opens unemployed to new opportunities. Keegan, Theres // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/3/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p1
Information about the topics discussed at the Career Training Expo held in Ulster County, New York in 2009 is presented. The event is considered as an opportunity for people to learn demands for jobs and the necessary measures they should do to be hired. It represents more than a dozen public...
- MESSAGE TO MEMBERS. Logue, Catherine; Edwards, Diane // Training & Development (1839-8561);Jun2014, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p4
In this article two national presidents of the associations including the Australian Institute of Training and Development (AITD) and the New Zealand Association for Training and Development (NZATD) respectively address their members and discusses about the happenings of AITD and NZATD. Topics...
- Sound CPD advice. // People Management;9/11/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p59
Reports that more than 50 members of the Gloucester, England branch of the Institute of Personnel & Development attended a seminar offering advice and ideas on continuing professional development.
- THE BAYLOR BUSINESS NETWORKS:. // Baylor Business Review;Fall2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p41
The article presents a calendar of networking and professional development events, offered by the Baylor Business Networks in the U.S. in September 2007-April 2008.
- Downtown restaurants. // Triad;Feb/Mar2013, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p48
A map is presented showing the restaurants operating in downtown Columbus, the site of the 2013 Professional Development Conference of the Ohio Music Education Association, which include seafood restaurants, barbecues, and cafes.