Scotland sees success
- 2. Agricultural Marketing. Penn, Jr., William S.; Gross, Walter; Spencer, Ulric M.; Lawler, John V. // Journal of Marketing;Jan1969, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p115
The article presents a series of abstracts of publications in the field of agricultural marketing, including "Trends and Relations in the Livestock-Meat Sector Affecting Prices and Revenue to Primary Producers," "The Structure of Agricultural Marketing in the United Kingdom," and "Marketing Aids...
- Apple Computer Inc. Triplett, Tim // Marketing News;2/28/94, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the percentage of Americans who buy farm produce for specific health reasons. Impact of the national nutrition education program.
- Market orders commission challenges unfair, unfounded. Cline, Harry // Western Farm Press;6/7/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p4
Comments on the legal challenges of agricultural marketing orders and commissions promoting consumer by dissident producers and processors in California. Requirement of two-thirds approval for commission and marketing orders; Contention of the challengers to marketing orders; Functions of...
- To market, to market. Baldwin, R. // Country Journal;Jul/Aug89, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p51
Discusses farmers' markets and the sights and sounds of summer in open-air stalls selling produce and products.
- To market, to market. Burger, Amy L. // Country Journal;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p15
Features a Cornell University project called `Radishes to Riches,' which enables young gardeners to earn money. Project creator Marcia Eames-Sheavly; Eames-Sheavly's two-week trip to Russia; Guide advice on what to grow and how to prepare produce for sale; Contact information.
- When your card table grows into a farm stand. AWL // Country Journal;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p40
Presents guidelines on managing a farm stand. Good location for farm stand; Making the farm stand attractive.
- Optimal Storage by Crop Producers. Fackler, P.L.; Livingston, M.J. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug2002, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p645
When postï¿½harvest marketing strategies are restricted by disallowing speculative purchases, sales out of storage becomes an irreversible decision and the dynamic marketing problem becomes analogous to the optimal exercise of a financial option. The optimal marketing strategy is to hold at...
- Creating a market. Milstein, Sarah // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar99, Issue 172, p10
Presents information on community supported agriculture (CSA). How CSA works; Benefits of CSA; How to start a CSA group.
- Tips for successful selling. // Agri Marketing;Mar1994, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p52
Presents tips on selling. Winning ideas from sales representatives; Tips from Steve Hines, district manager for Bell & Howell Records Management Co.; Methods for handling objections.