...as ExCel denies axe
- Will Forum be Dome help or hindrance? Benady, David // Marketing Week;7/30/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p21
Focuses on the establishment of the Millennium Marketing Forum (MMF), while speculating on how it will affect the marketing of the Millennium Dome in Great Britain, and the Dome's advertising agency M and C Saatchi. Function of the MMF; Comments from Labor Minister responsible for the Dome,...
- Marketing not to blame for one amazing fiasco. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;1/11/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p19
Offers an assessment of the marketing efforts undertaken to promote the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England as a tourist destination. Government's decision to sell the Dome to Legacy; Failure of the Dome to meet its original target of 12 million visitors; Marketing budget; Advertising...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/15/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30954, p29
Reports on developments related to the bond market in Southwestern States, as of August 14, 2000. Landlord Rocky McDaniel's efforts to get a referendum on the November ballot to lower residential electricity rates; Oklahoma Transportation Commission's approval of as much as $3 million in...
- Crafting the perfect cupola. Textor, Ken // Country Journal;May/Jun96, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p66
Discusses how to construct a cupola on a barn. How information was obtain for building a cupola; Measurements; Choice of design for cupola; Approach used; Materials chosen for construction; Materials used for louvers of the cupola; Purpose ofa cupola. INSET: What to know before you start..
- dome-licious. // Interior Design;Aug2011, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p7
The article focuses on a vacation home in East Hampton, New York that is a variation of a Buckminster Fuller & Co. dome house.
- Greenwich dome building starts... Mistry, Bhavna // Marketing Event;Jul/Aug97, p6
Reports that construction work on a dome in Greenwich, England, began in the final week of June 1997 for the Millennium project show. Dome description; Revised plans for an exhibition; Proposal to rename the show; Business sponsorship.
- Another kind of dome. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the design features of the `Hexadome' invented by Gene Hopster. Advantages of the Hexadome over the usual geodesic dome; Specifications of a Model 1600 residence.
- For St. Pete's sake. Kirshenbaum, Jerry // Sports Illustrated;11/23/92, Vol. 77 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the impact of league owners' decision about the Giants on the Tampa-St. Petersburg community. National League owners decide to keep Giants in San Francisco; Another teasing for Tampa Bay; League suit filed against various baseball groups; The sad fate of the two-year old Suncoast...
- Dome of the flock. Holzel, David // Washington Jewish Week;1/2/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p7
The article focuses on the renovation of a dome at Oseh Shalom, a Jewish congregation, located in Laurel, Maryland.