Advest merges retail and institutional
- Branching out. // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/22/96, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p19
Reports on financial services firm, Advest Inc.s' opening of its first branch office in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Brokerage uses net to track clients. Haar, Steven Vonder // Inter@ctive Week;04/20/98, Vol. 5 Issue 15, p59
Looks at the plans of Advest Incorporated to begin offering a service in May, 1998, in which brokers will monitor the types of information registered clients retrieve from its site. Who the data will be used by; Comments from Ernie Smith, Advest chief information officer; Details on the...
- High-profile analyst quits Advest after firm cuts research support. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;12/2/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 231, p20
Reports on the departure of Wall Street's most senior banking industry analysts Frank J. Barkocy from Advest Inc. Reason for Barkocy's departure; Specialization in regional banks for the company; Biggest banking transformation since 1970 according to Barkocy; Career background.
- Advest hires Lazard banker for N.Y. office. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;11/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30273, p48
Reports that Advest Inc. has hired W.R. Lazard, Laidlaw & Luther Inc. executive Greg Anderson to assume the position of senior vice president at its New York office. Duties in line with Anderson's position at Advest; Background information on Anderson.
- Advest's David Weprin is at the heart of the firm's major expansion in N.Y. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;11/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30277, p1
Discusses the role of Advest Inc. managing director David Weprin on the company's expansion. Co-management of New York deals; Enhancement of the firm's position in the municipal market; Concentration on the improvement of its secondary trading coverages; Weprin's plans for the company.
- Advest Chops 155 Operations Workers . // American Banker;6/4/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 106, p7
Reports that MONY Group's Advest Inc. has laid off employees from its brokerage processing operation.
- Advest Joins Correspondent Ranks. Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;01/21/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p1
Reports the decision of Advest to join with other brokerages for correspondent clearing in Hartford, Connecticut. Main factor causing the brokerage firms to join into correspondent clearing; Statement regarding the correspondent clearing of Advest by chief executive Grant Kurtz; Expansion on...
- Advest bolsters sales force with new VP. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;03/03/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30342, p28
Reports on Advest Inc.'s hiring of Mark Haslinger as a senior vice president and New York sales manager of the firm's institutional sales department. Job responsibilities of Haslinger.
- Joe Blair's project: To boost Advest's public finance. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;08/12/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30703, p1
Reports on the appointment of Joseph Blair as Advest Inc.'s senior managing director of the municipal division. Career history of Blair; Achievements; Responsibilities in the company.