A nimble Lord Abbett mines Michigan for solid yield and total return
- Lord of Jersey city. // Business News New Jersey;01/18/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 3, pS16
Reports that in 1999 mutual fund manager Lord, Abbett & Co. moved to Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Lord Abbett catching on fast with banks. Holliday, Kalen // American Banker;9/10/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 174, p13
Reports on Lord, Abbett & Co.'s move to increase the number of banks it does business with by 50 percent since March 1993. Projected 30 to 40 percent growth in bank sales; Ranking among mutual fund companies; Creation of a fund family with a fee structure more appealing to banks.
- Lord Abbett prefers to stay independent. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Pensions & Investments;6/9/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p39
Reports that Lord Abbett & Company of New York has rejected potential merger suitors and opted to remain an independent company. Factors which contributed to the company's decision; Significance of the death of Ron Lynch, a managing partner of the company; Comments by Robert S. Dow, Lynch's...
- Flexibility creates value, Saith Lord Abbett. // High Yield Report;11/30/98, Vol. 9 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on the strategy of Lord Abbett and Co. to capitalize on investment opportunities in the United States. Advantage of flexibility when making deals; Addition of high-performing stocks in the portfolio; Consideration for the size of a company intended to be acquired.
- Lord Abbett Gets New Systems, Headquarters. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;02/21/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p13
Reports on technological enhancements planned by money manager Lord Abbett & Co. Integration of the company's trading and asset management technologies; Expansion of its reporting and data collection methods; Integration of outside market datafeeds with the company's Unix/Oracle-run data...
- A Lord for Colgate. // Business News New Jersey;09/21/98, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p2
Reports on mutual fund manager Lord Abbet & Co.'s plans to move its operations into the Colgate Center in New Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Lord Abbett to use BT trading turrets. Dabaie, Michael // Securities Industry News;11/29/99, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p30
Reports on asset management firm Lord, Abbett & Co.'s plan to use trading turret technology from British Telecom PLC. Hardware installations required for the deployment of turret technology; Use of computer-telephony integration software.
- Mutual Funds: Lord, Albbett & Co. Introduces New Intermediate Municipal Bond Fund. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p39
Reports on launching of a municipal bond mutual fund by Lord, Abbett & Co. LLC. Features of mutual funds; Maturity period of mutual funds.
- Lord Abbett Benefits From Structure, But Now Turns Eye to Credit Spreads. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;09/14/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30477, p1
Reports that Lord Abbett & Co. has hired an additional credit analyst in its municipal bond department in anticipation of widening credit spreads in the United States. Example of the firm's long-term approach to tax-exempt bonds; Reliance on structure; Investment culture; Involvement in the...