BG pipebursting wins NOVA award
- BG becomes first in sector to receive award. // Supply Management;8/7/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p38
Reports on the Partnership Program certification awarded by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply to British oil and gas operator BG in 2003. Background on the certification program; Company history and business size.
- Fyi. // Underground Construction;Jul97, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p41
Provides information on various developments in the pipeline industry. Brochure availability for the Servi-Sig online serviceable pig signaler; Web site of the Logan Clay Products Company; Release of training programs for Rubber-Tired Backhoe Loaders from Video Information System Training...
- S-lay vessels can be converted to install Oman-India pipeline. Gifford, Lorne // Offshore;Jun95, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p45
Features a design plan that will make use of a converted S-lay method of pipelay to install a gas pipeline between Oman and India. Ultra deepwater pipelay; Hydraulic pipeline tensioner; Tensioner features; Cycle of operation for each clamp in the pipeline tensioner.
- New magnetic sphere and valve positioning system improve pipeline operations. Casey, Ernest D. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec94, Vol. 221 Issue 12, p56
Describes the use of magnetic sphere and valve positioning monitoring system (MSVP) to improve pipeline operations. Key components of the system; Control console systems; System overview.
- THE AWARD For employer branding. // Personnel Today;10/20/2009, p17
The article announces the recipients of the Award for Employer Branding in Great Britain, which include the law firm Boyes Turner, British Gas Corp., and Firmdale Hotels.
- Pipeline fire arresters now necessary // Offshore;Aug1991, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p84
No abstract available.
- Ingenious approach to solving Arctic subsea pipe lay operations. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan97, Vol. 224 Issue 1, p14
Highlights British Petroleum and Exploration's lay pipe method that permits the construction of the first subsea Arctic pipeline. Selection of Northstar as the testing ground for the technology; Cost-effectiveness of the technology.
- The Development And Use Of 'Smart' Gauge Pigs In Offshore Applications. Graves, Les; Yates, Tony // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug2001, Vol. 228 Issue 8, p42
Reports on the development of gauge pigs for offshore applications in Great Britain. Illustration on the Arrival Condition Monitoring Equipment (ACME) system for standard gauging pig; Test on the performance of the equipment; Operation of ACME.
- What's new in corrosion control. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar95, Vol. 222 Issue 3, p53
Presents product developments and technology used in preventing corrosion of pipelines. Includes laboratory simulation of simulation of corrosion in multiphase pipelines; Special pipeline cleaning system which uses polyurethane pigs; Chemical injection system; Ultrasonic thickness gauge.