- S-lay vessels can be converted to install Oman-India pipeline. Gifford, Lorne // Offshore;Jun95, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p45
Features a design plan that will make use of a converted S-lay method of pipelay to install a gas pipeline between Oman and India. Ultra deepwater pipelay; Hydraulic pipeline tensioner; Tensioner features; Cycle of operation for each clamp in the pipeline tensioner.
- New magnetic sphere and valve positioning system improve pipeline operations. Casey, Ernest D. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec94, Vol. 221 Issue 12, p56
Describes the use of magnetic sphere and valve positioning monitoring system (MSVP) to improve pipeline operations. Key components of the system; Control console systems; System overview.
- Pipeline fire arresters now necessary // Offshore;Aug1991, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p84
No abstract available.
- Ingenious approach to solving Arctic subsea pipe lay operations. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan97, Vol. 224 Issue 1, p14
Highlights British Petroleum and Exploration's lay pipe method that permits the construction of the first subsea Arctic pipeline. Selection of Northstar as the testing ground for the technology; Cost-effectiveness of the technology.
- The Development And Use Of 'Smart' Gauge Pigs In Offshore Applications. Graves, Les; Yates, Tony // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug2001, Vol. 228 Issue 8, p42
Reports on the development of gauge pigs for offshore applications in Great Britain. Illustration on the Arrival Condition Monitoring Equipment (ACME) system for standard gauging pig; Test on the performance of the equipment; Operation of ACME.
- What's new in corrosion control. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar95, Vol. 222 Issue 3, p53
Presents product developments and technology used in preventing corrosion of pipelines. Includes laboratory simulation of simulation of corrosion in multiphase pipelines; Special pipeline cleaning system which uses polyurethane pigs; Chemical injection system; Ultrasonic thickness gauge.
- BG pipebursting wins NOVA award. // Underground Construction;Jul97, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p45
Discusses the principle of pipebursting technology by British Gas PLC (BG) as a winner of the 1997 NOVA Awards presented during the 9th annual Innovation Celebration Banquet. Campaign initiations by BG; Benefits of pipebursting.
- Time for flexible gas piping. Rich, Bill // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Feb98, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p46
Focuses on the advantages of flexible gas pipings. Providing safer, cleaner and less backbreaking work environment for the pipe trades contractor; Ability to resist the corrosion that deteriorates metallic pipe; Providing an upgrade of distribution pressures to 50-60 psi.
- Editor's Notebook. Share, Jeff // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug2001, Vol. 228 Issue 8, p5
Comments on global developments in the pipeline industry and infrastructure. Information on plans to construct crude and natural gas pipeline; Importance of pigging sector and usage of smart gauge pigs; Culmination of the largest and heaviest reeled pipe system installed and in operation.