- Remediation in American higher education: A `new' phenomenon? Markus, Theodore; Zeitlin, Arthur // Community Review;Fall92/Spring93, Vol. 13, p13
Discusses the importance of remedial education as an integral component of the undergraduate curriculum in the United States. History of remedial education; Changing nature of higher education; Description of the contemporary remedial student; Problems associated with remedial and basic skill...
- HDD remediation. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jul98, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p34
Provides an overview on the installation of horizontal remediation wells. Advantages of horizontal well methods; Factors attributed to the slow growth of the horizontal remediation well industry; Background on the horizontal well method; Need for professionals knowledgeable in horizontal well...
- The Cost of Remedial Education in Higher Education. Saxon, D. Patrick; Boylan, Hunter R. // Journal of Developmental Education;Winter2001, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p2
Examines the literature on the cost of delivering postsecondary remedial education in the United States. Budget allocation for remediation services; Status of the funding growth for remediation services; Characterization of remedial education spending; Estimate on the cost of remedial education.
- HDD Remediation Underutilized, But Potential Remains High. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep99, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p72
Reveals the potential benefits of horizontal directional drilling (HDD) systems. Applications of horizontal well technology; Slow growth of remediation market; Factors that limit the amount of useful information about horizontal wells.
- REFORMING TRADE REMEDIES. Wentong Zheng // Michigan Journal of International Law;Fall2012, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p151
The article focuses on the growth of world trade economy and efforts of nations to resort to trade measures. It states that trade remedy measures import restrictions on several national and international trade laws including antidumping duties, countervailing duties and safeguards. It also...
- Physical Education or Physical Medicine? Staton, Wesley M. // Education;Oct1949, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p67
The article discusses the issues concerning physical education. Like many other areas of education, physical education has tended to lag behind the growth and needs of a democractic society. The most significant illustration of this may be seen in the unseemly stress which continues to be placed...
- NATIONAL. Vertigan, Sheree // Principal Matters;Winter2013, Issue 95, p21
The author argues the importance of educators in the development and growth of the educational system and also discusses the need of educational reforms in empowering the school leadership.
- Editorial: On Behalf of Children: ï¿½More Than a Little Somethingï¿½. Jalongo, Mary Renck // Early Childhood Education Journal;Spring2001, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p151
Editorial. Discusses a child's initiation into school. Power of education to remediate; Interest investments.
- THE WORLD BANK, CAPABILITIES, AND HUMAN RIGHTS: A NEW VISION FOR GIRLS' EDUCATION BEYOND 2015. Bellitto, Melissa // Florida Journal of International Law;Apr2015, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p91
The article explores the efforts of World Bank and other international development communities for women's education. Topics discussed include legal and institutional remedies to raise the girls' education; human rights and capabilities approach to the education; importance of primary education;...