Key West launches to rehab all manholes
- Carrollton, IL suffering sewer problems. // Underground Construction;Jul2008, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p5
The article reports on the short-term and long-term solutions formulated by homeowners and members of the Carrollton City Council's Water and Sewer Committee to solve sewer problems in Illinois. Affected residents will use injection grinder pumps that would direct the backed-up sewer water to...
- Manhole Rehabilitation. // Municipal Sewer & Water;Sep2010, p78
A directory for manhole rehabilitation service providers in the U.S. is presented.
- LEAK TWEAK SEALS THE DEAL! // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May2015, Issue 750, p15
The article offers step-by-step instructions for how to remove the old seal and install the new, improved seal, NSN 5330-01-317-9640.
- Cast iron and steel; confusion and concern. Ransley, Norman // Builders Merchants Journal;Sep96, p17
Opinion. Discusses the performance of MA60 casting steel, as decided by the Fabricated Access Covers Trade Association. Information on the collapse of Misteron Castings.
- Fiberglass Insert Effectively Rehabs Massive Manhole. // Underground Construction;Mar2005, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p54
Focuses on the use of fiberglass for the restoration of a sanitary sewer manhole in Tinley Park, Illinois. Obstacles encountered during the insertion of the fiberglass into the existing manhole; Physical description of the fiberglass structure; Effectiveness of this approach for manhole...
- TALKING THE TALK. Laggis, Luke // Municipal Sewer & Water;Mar2014, p8
An introduction is presented in which the author reflects on the water and wastewater system of the U.S. and discusses topics including role of operators and supervisors in manhole rehabilitation, talking with employees and figuring out the problem and issue related to water-quality problems.
- The Role Linings Play in Manhole Rehabilitation. Morris, Kevin // Journal of Protective Coatings & Linings;Sep2013, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p30
The article presents a discussion on the role of linings in manhole rehabilitation, adapted from a study presented at the annual conference of the Society for Protective Coatings held from January 30, 2012 to February 2, 2012 in Tampa, Florida.
- Pipe Repair Systems-Choosing The Right Rehabilitation Method. Sirna, Norman A. // WaterWorld;Apr2001, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the rehabilitation of pipes and manholes in the United States. Responsibilities of municipal sanitary sewer system manager; Insufficiency of funds for the replacement of sanitary sewer systems; Information on different methods of pipe repair.
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // Municipal Sewer & Water;Dec2009, p49
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. including the interim study of the Jana Laboratories confirms a 100-year life expectancy for polyethylene pipe and use of Mr. Manhole Standardized Chimney Replacement System to replace the 1,033 manhole chimney in Ironton, Ohio.