Chilean pipeline project heats up
- Pipeline contract for GasAtacama. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov97, Vol. 224 Issue 11, p19
Focuses on CMS Energy Corp. and Empresa Nacional de Electricidad SA's awarding of the first pipeline construction contract for the GasAtacama combined pipeline-power project development to transport natural gas across the Andes Mountains from northern Argentina to power plants and gas users in...
- Operations under way with Gasatacama project. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug99, Vol. 226 Issue 8, p14
Reports that the GasAtacama pipeline-power project in Chile, which is jointly-owned by CMS Energy Corp. and ENDESA SA, has begun commercial operation.
- Competition grows with plans for three 200 MW plants. // Modern Power Systems;Feb97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p5
Relates the construction of power plants in Chile by Chilean utility Empresa Nacional de Electricidad and CMS Energy Corp. Power capacity; Construction cost; Competition from rival power generator Chilgener.
- Pipeline opens across Andes. // International Power Generation;Aug/Sep99, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the opening of the GasAtacama natural gas pipeline from Argentina to Chile. Features of the pipeline owned jointly by CMS Energy Corp. and Endesa Chile.
- ARGENTINA. // Latin Trade (English);Jun2007, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p9
The article reports that CMS, a U.S. energy firm, has sold its stake in an Argentine hydroelectric generating business. Endesa, a poweer producer based in Chile, bought CMS shares for S$50 million. CMS will use the sales proceeds to settle its corporate debts and finance the acquisition of U.S....
- CMS to sell hydroelectric biz in Argentina to partner. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;3/12/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p2
The article reports that Jackson, Michigan-based CMS Energy Corp. is selling its interest in an hydroelectric generating business in Argentina to the majority partner in the venture for $50 million. CMS Enterprises, a subsidiary of CMS, held a 17.2 percent interest in the Hidroelectrica El...
- Final portion of GasAtacama project approved. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May98, Vol. 225 Issue 5, p10
Reports that the Argentine portion of the 575-mile GasAtacama pipeline project with Chile has been approved by the Argentine government. Ownership of GasAtacama by CMS Energy Corp., Empresa Nacional de Electricidad, Astra and Pluspetrol; Awarding of a gas transportation concession to...
- Government sells remaining Endesa stake. // Modern Power Systems;May98, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the sale of the remaining stake of the Spanish government in Endesa. Amount of money that will be raised from the privatization of the company.
- Sales of shares in Endesa approved. // Modern Power Systems;Sep97, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p9
Reports that the Spanish Government has given its approval to the privatization of Empresa Nacional de Electricidad's electricity distribution.