Pipelines balk at GRI funding proposal
- GRI dedicates pipeline simulation facility. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul95, Vol. 222 Issue 7, p1
Reports that the Gas Research Institute has dedicated its pipeline simulation facility near Columbus, Ohio. Facility designed to test and develop technologies in controlled but realistic pipeline operating environment; Facility features; Pipe sections removable.
- GRI builds on positive change, elects new officers. Congram, Gary E. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul95, Vol. 222 Issue 7, p52
Reports that the Gas Research Institute is now recognized worldwide as the last word on gas industry research in the United States. Establishment of customer interface links; GRI's researches to determine value-added technology; Thomas L. Fisher's election as chairman of GRI's board of...
- Delivering R&D. // Underground Construction;Jun99, Vol. 54 Issue 6, GAS RESEARCH INSTITUTE (GRI) p1
Presents an excerpt from the Gas Research Institute's (GRI) journal `GRID' about some of the most significant developments at GRI.
- GRI well fracturing study to map treatment, results. LeBlanc, Leonard // Offshore;Dec95, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p16
Presents information on efforts by the Gas Research Institute to develop a better comprehension of the linkage between well fracture treatment and results. Projected goal of research; What GRI will do in Colorado.
- Gas Research Institute. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Jan96, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p73
Focuses on Brian E. O'Neill, president and chief executive officer of Williams Interstate Natural Gas Systems (WINGS). O'Neill's election to Gas Research Institute Board of Directors.
- GRI begins restructuring program. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Mar96, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the Gas Research Institute's announcement of a 20 percent reduction in its 1996 budget, staff reductions and a restructuring effort on its research, development and commercialization program. Statement from GRI President and Chief Executive Officer Stephen Ban.
- GRI publishes electric market study. // Underground Construction;Oct98, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the release of Gas Research Institute's study `Electric Generation Sector Summary.' Major factors driving changes in electric markets.
- All in the (artificial) family. DiChristina, Mariette; Wasik, John F. // Popular Science;Nov92, Vol. 241 Issue 5, p71
Visits the Gas Research Institute's test house in a Chicago neighborhood. How the facility is helping engineers, architects, and builders learn more energy-efficient ways of maintaining indoor comfort; Current test subjects; Key findings of test house.
- GRI seeking documentation of lines' tree root woes. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Feb94, Vol. 221 Issue 2, p10
Announces that Gas Research Institute's Vegetation Study Group is looking for documentation of situations where tree roots have caused problems with buried pipelines. Contact information.