How selfish employees benefit their employers
- Employee development. // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p8
Provides information on different career developments of employees in United Kingdom. Electrical training of Britvic technicians; Agreement of trade unions in Land-Rover; Proposal on overhauling of professional status awards; Selection of teams for youth skills olympics; Cargill's launching of...
- Employee development. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p11
Presents news which focuses on employee development in the United Kingdom. Launching of the national vocational qualifications (NVQ) for the people working at ports; Survey on the training levels in engineering companies; Investment of the Rank Xerox UK for its open-learning facilities.
- Why CPD is a duty to yourself and others. Haistead, Nichola // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p59
Presents the answers to common questions about continuing professional development (CPD) presented in an conference of Institute of Personnel and Development. Factors which constitutes evidence of CPD; How to meet CPD obligations; How to keep up CPD if unemployed.
- The keys to advancement. Van Heule, Jim // Paint & Coatings Industry;Dec94, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p22
Offers advice regarding career advancement. Career goals; Importance of education; Career moves before the age of 40; Additional keys.
- Career development discussions as a team-building strategy. Koonce, Richard // Bank Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p13
Suggests the use of career development discussion with employees as a team-building strategy. Factors that improve during the process of discussing career development; Causes of company downsizing and restructuring.
- Building a life-friendly organization. Moses, Barbara // Business Quarterly;Autumn97, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p44
Presents an excerpt from the book `Career Intelligence: Mastering the New Work and Personal Realities.' INSET: Creating a life-friendly culture..
- Join up. // CA Magazine;May94, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p15
Reports on Accountemps' survey which revealed that participation in professional organization and reading business publications are the most effective way to enhance an executive's career. Comments of Max Messmer, chairman of Accountemps, temporary staffing service.
- PEOPLE. von Rotz, Kristyn // Orange County Business Journal;11/3/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p18
Reports on career developments in California as of November 3, 2003. Relocation of Michael Lucki to the Irvine office of Ernst & Young International Inc.; Selection of John McNichol as civil engineer project manager of Greenberg Farrow Architecture; Appointment of Rich Bartle as director of...
- How to prepare for jobs in the 21st century. Arenofsky, Janice // Career World;Sep95, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p6
Gives advice to students on preparing for a career. Preparation for changes; Reevaluation of educational goals; Benefit of stress and anxiety on performance.
- Speak and write your way to a rewarding career. Kramer, Pamela // Career World;Oct95, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the importance of communication skills in career advancement. Basis of impressions on what one say's and how things are said; Development of listening skills; Tips in letter writing. INSET: Hidden meanings..