Employers choose the healthy option
- Medical Society House of delegates meets in Syracuse. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;05/11/98, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p16B
Presents highlights from the annual meeting of the House of Delegates, the policy-making body of the Medical Society of the State of New York, on April 23-26, 198. Number of participants; Resolutions approved concerning tobacco; Suit against tobacco companies.
- Appendixes. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;10/10/2006, Vol. 175 Issue 8, pS19
A variety of clinical aids and survey results that relate to the articles that appeared in the October 10, 2006 issue of the "Canadian Medical Association Journal" are presented.
- Physician heals the academy. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;05/17/99, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p35
Reveals that the New York Academy of Medicine is becoming a relevant player in research and policy-making in the health care industry. New researchers hired by the institution; Relevant research studies being conducted by the academy.
- One Man's Burden. O'Donnell, Michael // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/9/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6432, p1767
Relates a story of a member of Medical Defense Union on medical care in Great Britain. Political indoctrination between indulging in irresponsible strikes; Factors influencing the minds of the young; Level of skill and experience needed for the routine daily tasks.
- Should doctors unionize? Pandya, Mukul // Business News New Jersey;05/26/97, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p22
Reports that one of the major discussions at the annual session of the Medical Society of New Jersey in Atlantic City during May 1997 was if New Jersey's doctors should join or form a trade union. Resolution adopted by the conference; How managed care frustrates doctors; Details on disputes...
- Rural GPs dig deep for charity. // New Zealand Doctor;3/28/2012, p11
The article focuses on the 40,000 dollars raised during the New Zealand Rural General Practice Network Conference in Queenstown, New Zealand on March 10, 2012 for the Pat Farry Rural Health Education Trust through a fun run and a wine and art auction.
- GRANT WATCH: OUTCOMES. // Health Affairs;May/Jun2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p864
This article includes descriptions of recently announced grants and publications funded by or about foundations; and announcements of changes in foundations' funding priorities and other health philanthropy news from the U.S. The Commission to End Health Care Disparities has been created,...
- Institute 6: Integrative Healthcare Therapies. // Oncology Nursing Forum;Aug2000, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p1102
Presents the sessions on alternative health care therapies of the First Annual Institutes of Learning of the Oncology Nursing Society at the Charlotte Convention Center in North Carolina from November 3 to 5, 2000. Alternative systems of medical practice and mind-body interventions; Herbal...
- Hoosiers want doctors to be more personable. Swift // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/04/99, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p25
Focuses on the qualities in doctors sought by patients in Indiana according to study findings commissioned by the Indiana Hospital & Health Association and the Indiana State Medical Association. Stages of the study; Importance given by patients to doctors who take their time; Perceptions of the...