Ticket to ride or no place to go
- CIPD REPORT. // People Management;1/28/2010, p37
The article announces several Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) professional development resource materials on various topics including a factsheet on law developments for 2010 available at www.cipd.co.uk/factsheets, the new CIPD guide "Internships That Work: A Guide for...
- How to launch your spare high-flyers. Osborne, Helen // Estates Gazette;11/9/2002, Issue 245, p138
Presents tips on the career transitions of employees in the real property industry. Suggestions to managers in helping the employees in their career transitions; Importance of treating the employees fairly; Factors to consider in making a redundancy.
- PEOPLE ON THE MOVE. // Business Journal (Central New York);11/15/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p23
Reports developments related to professional development in New York. Promotion of Margaret M. Neimeier to public-relations account coordinator at Eric Mover and Associates; Appointment of Jay Sullivan to the director of annual giving at Hobart and William Smith Colleges; Selection of Jo Harris...
- THE STAFF DEVELOPMENT FUNCTION--ASSESSING TRAINING NEEDS. Michaud, Robert E. // Training & Development Journal;Aug78, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p62
Explores a systematic procedure for assessing employee training needs. Importance of input from staff development program participants; Professional development needs; Role of training professionals.
- The Wilderness Lab Comes of Age. Long, Janet W. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1987, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on corporation's use of wilderness training for employee career development. Team-building in organizations; Leadership development; Basic components of a wilderness laboratory.
- A Caravan of One: Looking Beyond the Desert. Behring, Rick // Training & Development Journal;Mar1987, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p64
Presents guidelines for one-person training department. Training responsibilities in a small company; Economics of one-person training department; Career development; Suggested readings for one-person training.
- WHO'S NEWS. // Warsaw Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p7
Reports the career developments of several employees in Poland. Appointment of Pawel Powanda as sales director of Amdoc; Selection of Anna Bartoszewicz as retail analyst at Jones Lang LaSalle; Announcement of the appointment of Ferdinand Kayser as president and chief executive officer of SES Astra.
- The art of getting career help. Genova, Jane // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on the fundamentals of getting vocational guidance. Evaluation of personal skills; Establishment of rapport with fellow professionals; Comprehension of the importance of power.
- Using performance assessments to evaluate career development programs. Hutchinson, Nancy L. // Guidance & Counseling;Spring96, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p3
Discusses the development of a rationale for using performance assessments to evaluate career development programs. Alignment of performance and learning; Performance assessment techniques; Use of performance assessments to improve teaching and learning in career development programs.
- PEOPLE. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p18
Career developments involving housing employees is presented including Robert M. Couch, Deborah De Santis and Carolyn Coleman.