- Internet recruiting and employment discrimination: A legal perspective. Hogler, Raymond L.; Henle, Christine; Bemus, Carol // Human Resource Management Review;Summer98, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p149
Analyzes the growth of employee recruiting on the Internet and its legal implications. Soliciting of job applications and screening of prospective employees; Impact of electronic recruiting on future human resource activity; Suggestions for the maintenance of diversity objectives within the...
- Job search 2.0: Technology etiquette lessons. // Public Relations Tactics;Dec2010, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p7
The article offers tips on the proper use of technology in finding for a job including the use of e-mail wisely, minimizing the use of mobile devices and exercising one's best judgment.
- Resumes: Ready, aim, fax! Capowski, Genevieve Soter // Management Review;Sep93, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p7
Discusses the acceptability of sending resumes by fax. Acknowledgement of faxed resumes by seventy seven percent of human resources personnel; Increased recruitment efficiency; Critical factor of timing in job search; Preference for a follow-up mailed resume.
- Wired to the world. Carroll, J.A. // CA Magazine;Aug93, Vol. 126 Issue 7, p29
Discusses the advances in global telecommunications that is reshaping the working lives of people. Growing number of home-based workers; Internet (a global network weaving computers in the industrialized world); Efficient electronic mail (E-mail) as critical to success; Establishing global...
- Telecommuting: The good, the bad and the particulars. Cooper, Richard C. // Supervision;Feb96, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p10
States that telecommuting is a facility where professionals charged with managing the workplace have been confronted with a variety of new officing concept and concerns. Requirements of the 1990 federal Clean Air Act; Benefits of telecommuting; Thoughts of researchers at the initial stages of...
- Home run. Sanders, Suzanne // America's Network;9/1/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 13, p24
Reports the role of service providers in telecommuting and teleworking in the United States. Accessibility of a corporate local area networks; Total number of AT&T telecommuters dialing into dialog; Checklist to determine eligibility for telecommuting.
- Evicted: Execs join road show. Cleaver, Joanne // Crain's Chicago Business;8/22/94, Vol. 17 Issue 34, TakeOut pT1
Reports on the growing trend in telecommuting among executives in Chicago, Illinois. Effects of advances in telecommunications; Flexibility in work; Benefits for the company.
- Latest telecommuting products. // Communications News;Dec95, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p19
Presents a list of telecommuting products on the market.
- A long way from the rat race. Hannon, Kerry // U.S. News & World Report;10/30/95, Vol. 119 Issue 17, p86
Focuses on telecommuters in Telluride, Colorado, who were attracted to what the town offers. Catherine Sellman, an environmental engineer for a consulting company; Other areas, such as Bend, Oregon, and Jackson Hole, Wyoming, which attract telecommuters; The cost-cutting benefits for companies;...