People and posts
- The New Year wish list. // People Management;1/9/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p11
Features the New Year wish list of several senior managers and human resource personnel in Great Britain. Geoff Armstrong; Samantha Mercer; David Slingo.
- News in brief. // Human Resources (09648380);Jul2008, p15
The article presents several career developments of human resource (HR) executives in Great Britain including Geoff Armstrong as chairman of the Heads, Teachers and Industry charity, Duncan Howorth as president at the Society of Pension Consultants, and Al Bird as learning consultancy director...
- Acas chief in HRM row. // People Management;9/11/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p16
Reports that Acas chairman John Hougham found himself at the center of a row following his attack on `human resource management' at an international conciliation conference in the United States.
- Highways Bonds begins groundwork for new bill. Winston, Sherie; Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/16/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 25, p9
Focuses on Christopher S. Bond, chairman in the U.S. transportation, infrastructure and nuclear safety subcommittee. Discussion on transportation reauthorization bill.
- Mystery trio fight for top spot at CIPD. // Personnel Today;9/4/2007, p1
The article informs that three chief executives of private sector companies have been shortlisted by headhunting firm Whitehead Mann for the post of chief executive at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). According to a CIPD's spokesman, the institute was making good...
- CEO IN WAITING. Pickard, Jane // People Management;1/11/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p30
The article features Jackie Orme who will become chief executive of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in 2009. She discussed about the wide range of experiences that have helped her to land the top job. Orme, who takes over from Geoff Armstrong next year, has spent her...
- Untitled. // Personnel Today;6/12/2007, p41
This article presents information related to search efforts of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) for a new director-general. CIPD is looking for an executive to replace outgoing director-general Geoff Armstrong. An advertising campaign has begun with executive search...
- Senior HR urges CIPD to avoid egos when hiring new deputy. Gilbert, Helen // Personnel Today;2/20/2007, p3
The article reports that senior human resource (HR) professionals have warned the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) that it faces a tough task finding a successor to assistant director-general Duncan Brown, as the body revealed it was no longer accepting applications for...
- Customer focus 'key to future.'. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;4/19/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p15
The article presents the opinion of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) director-general Geoff Armstrong on the success of local government human resource (HR) departments. He said the HR departments' success lies in their ability to make working practices improve customer...