Recruitment and selection
- Training/recruitment. // People Management;4/3/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p8
Presents various topics regarding training and recruitment of employees in Great Britain. Changing of jobs among London workers; Campaign to highlight the risks of computer security; Complaint received by a helpline set up to deal with agency staff query; Industry-wide training framework...
- With the Federal Stimulus, Employers Find That Job Training Pays. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p5
The article reports on the significance of the On-the-Jobs Training (OJT) program in hiring potential employees in the U.S.
- Training and recruitment. // People Management;8/29/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 17, p10
Reports various news on training and recruitment of employees in England. Efforts to improve the training of insurance sales staff; Action taken by the Federation of Recruitment and Employment Services against recruitment agency; British Airways' use of silver screen to attract cabin crew.
- OD fights back. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1974, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p53
Reports on the expansion of management recruiting and training programs of Portland, Oregon-based Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour Restaurants as of March 1974. Broadening of the concept of management training; Reduction of moving costs involved in long-distance personnel transfer.
- Dates for the diary. // Recruiter;Mar2012, Special section p8
A calendar of events related to employee recruitment in Great Britain in April-May 2012 is presented which includes training events on telephone sales, proactive business development and successful interviewing.
- What's inside. // Recruiter;Mar2012, p1
The table of contents for the March 2012 issue of "Recruiter" magazine is presented.
- Job training for displaced workers. // Business New Hampshire Magazine;Aug90, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p13
Reports that New Hampshire Job Training Council has a federally-funded program that might be able to help in hiring and training people who have either been laid off or are economically disadvantaged. Availability of the training funds; Training provided by the agency; Workers' eligibility for...
- Training crash. Waller-Davies, Becky // Lawyer;5/27/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p5
The article focuses on the decrease in the number of training contracts signed in Great Britain in 2013 and discusses the need for a restructured recruitment model.
- Creating new employees behind the razor wire. Cook // Business NH Magazine;Oct99, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p12
Discusses how the Transformations training program administered within the Lakes Region Facility in Laconia, New Hampshire, are transforming inmates into employees. Way to reduce recidivism rate; Developing curricula that reflect the needs of businesses; Success stories; Acceptance of...