- Market Discrimination and Groups. Kelman, Mark // Stanford Law Review;Apr2001, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p833
Focuses on the norms against discrimination in the marketplace. Comparison of a simple discrimination and nonaccommodation; Details on whether the anti-discrimination norm must advert to the existence of social groups; Entitlement established by the marketplace discrimination.
- Borat nickname for Polish employee was race discrimination. // Employers Law;Sep2011, p4
The article reports that an employment tribunal held that Mr. Ruda who is of Polish origin and worked for an engineering company in Wakefield, West Yorkshire was subjected to direct race discrimination after being called "Borat" by a colleague.
- Locus of control, Job satisfaction, and job complexity: The role of perceived race discrimination. Valentine, Sean; Silver, Lawrence; Twigg, Nicholas W. // Psychological Reports;Jun99 Part 2, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p1267
Focuses on the perceived racial discrimination at work. Associations among perceived race discrimination and locus of control, job satisfaction, and job complexity; Implications of an individual's disposition, job attitude, and perceived job characteristics.
- SUMMARY OF MINNEAPOLIS PARK BOARD EMPLOYEES BY RACE. // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;1/5/2012, Vol. 78 Issue 23, p1
The article cites the breakdown of Minneapolis, Minnesota Park Board employees according to White and people of color groups as of January 2012 including number of full time employees in the Official and Administrators, professionals, and part-time and temporary categories.
- Preventing Racial Harassment In The Workplace. Rohn, Bill; Pereira, Jude // Grand Rapids Business Journal;04/09/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p29
Offers tips on how to prevent racial harassment in the workplace. Two most common forms of race discrimination; Familiarization with federal and state laws concerning race discrimination; Examples of conduct that can create a racially 'hostile' work environment.
- WORK IT OUT. // Essence (Essence);Feb2002, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p74
Offers tips on handling racial discrimination in the workplace.
- Racial inequality costs U.S. trillions. Prince, Zenitha // Michigan Citizen;11/10/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 1, pA11
The article focuses on the report "The Business Case for Racial Equity," which revealed that racial inequity in income levels and housing causes lost opportunities for minorities and costs the U.S. trillions of dollars.
- Two court rulings increase age discrimination liability. Carlson, Leah // Employee Benefit News;5/1/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p1
Reports on court rulings concerning age discrimination in employment in the U.S., as of May 2005. Implications of the ruling for benefit plan designs offered by employers; Information on corporate practices covered by the rulings; Legal uncertainties faced by businesses over their plans that...
- Retirement Found Discriminatory. // Labor Law Journal;Jun78, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p380
This article reports on the court ruling in the case Hannan versus Chrysler Motors. A federal trial court in Michigan has ruled that the retirement plan instituted by a car manufacturer was discriminatorily applied against older workers. The employer had established an austerity program, which...