- Software solutions. Bartholomew, Doug // Industry Week/IW;06/23/97, Vol. 246 Issue 12, p41
Presents news and updates on software upgrading. Ames, Iowa-based Engineering Animation Inc.'s VismockUp and VisFly digital prototyping software; Alliance Manufacturing Software's Alliance/MFG for Windows 2.3; Intergraph Software Solutions' Imagineer Technical 2.0; Logility Inc.'s Event Planning.
- Digital data meets plain paper. O'Malley, Chris; Scott, David // Popular Science;Oct93, Vol. 243 Issue 4, p55
States that a new software program could make sending computer-generated files and faxes much faster than is otherwise possible with a modem or fax machine--and save money in the process. Details on the program, called Fax-O-File, from Fontech Ltd. in Israel.
- Are you stumped? Ask your software. C.O.; O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Nov95, Vol. 247 Issue 5, p37
Reports on the development of computer software equipped with the ability to solicit and respond to questions in plain English. Technique of natural language processing; Popular software with the new feature.
- Groupware. Kaplan, A.; Lauriston, R. // PC World;Mar92, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p208
Looks at the benefits of groupware software, such as group scheduling, a group document editor and conferencing systems. Importance of ease of use; E-mail features; Connectivity; Scheduling; Productivity; Review of 28 groupware programs, including Office Works and Higgins 2.4; Recommendation. ...
- Software upgrades are driving managers mad. Van Kirk, Doug // InfoWorld;7/19/93, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p58
Discusses the problems LAN managers encounter with software upgrades. Worthiness and profitability of software upgrades; Sources of pressures to upgrade software; Upgrades that require a move from DOS to Windows as biggest challenge. INSET: Avoiding those Monday software upgrade blues..
- Obstacles block the road to groupware nirvana. Heichler, Elizabeth // InfoWorld;10/24/94, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p56
Reports on obstacles to the marketing success of groupware applications. Installed base of PC and LAN infrastructure; Collaborative applications; Emergence of server technology; Lotus Development's Notes; Major growth areas for groupware; Pessimism about groupware's success.
- Best buy utilities and DOS 6.0 do it all. // PCWorld;Jul1993, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p179
Presents a chart on the best utilities and DOS 6.0 do it all products to buy. Standard features; Data recovery; Disk optimizer; Surface scan; BeckerTools 4; Disck Technician Gold 1.14; DOS 6.0; FastTrax 4.05; Norton Desktop for DOS 1.0; Norton Desktop for Windows 2.2; Norton Utilities; PC Tools...
- Computer Users ID. // Science Teacher;Dec2003, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p13
Reports that researchers at the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology have developed software that is able to identify computer users with high accuracy by their individual, distinct typing styles. Potential of the "behaviormetric" technology from gaining access to computers and sensitive...
- Benefits of 4GL software packages. Huneault, Francois // CMA Magazine;Nov90, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p21
Evaluates the relative benefits of 4th generation language (4GL) software which allows developers to build applications one order of magnitude faster than with a 3GL. Reliability; Flexibility; Access; User interface; Packaged solution.
- To upgrade or not to upgrade? Carlson, Cynthia // South Carolina Business Journal;Dec96, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p13
Opinion. Discusses the dilemma faced by present-day computer software users amidst the ever-changing technology. Possible disadvantages of upgrading computer software systems; Loss of productivity during conversion or upgrade; Seeking professional opinion.