Learning that is far from academic
- Unipart to impart knowledge. // Professional Engineering;07/05/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the Unipart group's creation of an online learning system named Virtual U to help provide training for its 10,000 employees. Course description; Available courses.
- BMW pulls the plug on Unipart. // Professional Engineering;05/13/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p9
Reports that Unipart company, an automotive components manufacturer has lost its contract with Rover company. Indication of the value of the contract; Reason for the loss of the contract; Information on the company; How it would compensate for the loss of the contract.
- VW uses Unipart. // Professional Engineering;01/29/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the logistics services agreement between Unipart and Volkswagen Group UK.
- Opened university. Miller, Roger; Stewart, Jim; Walton, John // People Management;06/17/99, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p42
Presents the findings of the Unipart company's in-house university in Great Britain. Goals and objective of the institution; Definition of the term learning organization; Importance of strategy development; How information technology is used by the university.
- Key component sought in leaseback of Unipart HQ. White, Andrew // Estates Gazette;2/23/2002, Issue 208, p44
Reports that Unipart is seeking a sale and leaseback of its office and distribution headquarter in Great Britain. Capacity of the site; Terms of the deal.
- Swiss investor on a roll with Unipart HQ buy. Coffer, Adam // Estates Gazette;8/24/2002, Issue 234, p19
Focuses on the purchase of Unipart headquarters in Cowley, England by a private Swiss investor. Description of the property; Price of the property.
- Boots on the march. // Motor Transport;2/5/2004, p3
Reports on the changes in the operation of Boots supply chain in Great Britain. Increase in the employees of the supply chain; Remarks from Paul Bateman, operations director of Boots, on the changes in the company; Plan of Boots to transfer the management of its Nottingham-based D82 warehouse...
- Unipart staff do as boss says. // Employee Benefits;Mar2002, p9
Reports on the response of the employees at UNIPART to a request from chief executive John Neil to trade through the internally operated share trust. Reason for the request of Neil; Move taken by employees at UNIPART following the letter sent by the chief executive to shareholders; Provision...
- temporary exhibition design. // Design Week;2006 Design Week Awards, p39
The article features several awards given to temporary exhibition designs in the March 2006 Design Week Awards. "The Museum of Modern Unipart," which acknowledges the use of a mundane car product and "The Great Britain Pavilion, Japan Expo," which demonstrates Great Britain design strength at...