Any other business
- Teen injured in rollover. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/1/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p12
The article reports that Texan Taylor Walker has been taken to the Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest Medical Center after being injured during a vehicle accident in Waco, Texas on September 27, 2014.
- BDA launches dyslexia campaign. // Financial Management;Dec2001, p41
Reports that the business services group Numerica is one of the first to participate in the British Dyslexia Association's initiative to raise awareness about dyslexia in the workpkace. Estimated percentage of dyslexic students that are diagnosed after admission to university, according to...
- Dyslexia. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p156
An almanac entry for the International Dyslexia Association is presented. The Maryland-based organization provides information on testing, tutoring, and computers used to aid people with dyslexia and related disorders. The contact details for the International Dyslexia Association is presented.
- Dyslexia Institute helps children and adults unlock language. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/13/94, Vol. 15 Issue 11, Not for Profits of Note p13C
Features the Indianapolis, Indiana-based not-for-profit organization Dyslexia Institute of Indiana Inc. 1993 income and expenses; Mission statement; Administrative staff; Board of directors; Activities and projects as educator of children and adults with dyslexia.
- Welsh Assembly. // Literacy Today;Dec2008, Issue 57, p38
The article focuses on the support given by the Welsh Assembly to people with dyslexia in Wales. It mentions that the awareness concerning dyslexia is slowly emerging and the standard definition regarding it is easily taken into consideration to ensure greater consistency in assessing, screening...
- Behind the shed. // Logistics Manager;Nov2010, p66
This section offers news briefs on the British logistics industry in 2010. DHL Supply Chain is teaming up with Dyslexia Action to train its Driver Certificate of Professional Competence trainers on identifying and serving students with dyslexia. Bott is providing storage products to support an...
- NEWSLINE. Duff, Amy // Director;Aug2000, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p16
Presents business-related news briefs as of August 2000. Conference organized by the Adult Dyslexia Organisation on the employment of dyslexic workers; Plan of the government of Great Britain to cut the number of work-related injuries and deaths; Internet site launched by the Instituto de...
- Scottish First Minister announces new dyslexia action plan. // Education (14637073);2/1/2008, Issue 298, p3
The article reports that First Minister of Scotland, Alex Salmond, announced a joint action plan to make education more inclusive. The Deans of Scottish Universities involved in Initial Teacher Education agreed to the plan. A major part of the plan is the Framework for Inclusion which provides...
- Dyslexia laws in the USA. Youman, Martha; Mather, Nancy // Annals of Dyslexia;Jul2013, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p133
Throughout the various states of the USA, the appropriate identification of dyslexia and the timely provision of interventions are characterized by variability and inconsistency. Several states have recognized the existence of this disorder and the well-established need for services. These...