Health and safety
- CE questions. // Occupational Health Management;Jul2009, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p84
A quiz concerning the wellness programs is presented.
- Downunder wellness. // Ardell Wellness Report;Spring91, Issue 25, p2
Presents an open letter to chief executive officers in Australia focused on wellness. Company responsibility of providing a healthy work environment; Design of corporate wellness programs; Need for changes in work practices and award agreements.
- Talk less and do more. Hayes, Ron // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Sep2014, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p38
The article discusses the need for company leaders to meet a new worker every day of the year, give some free safety books to a local hardware store, and do a free safety meeting with the local chamber of commerce.
- WORKSITE WELLNESS PROGRAMS: AN EVALUATION. Aberth, John // Management Review;Oct86, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p51
Evaluates the worksite wellness programs in the United States. Factors to consider by companies planning a wellness program; Several companies with successful worksite wellness programs; Evaluation of worksite wellness programs by Johnson & Johnson and Control Data Corp.
- Wellness programs could be the cure. Milligan, Amanda // Business Insurance;01/24/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the benefits of implementing wellness programs for employers and employees in the United States. Reduction of treatment costs by targeting unhealthy behaviors, such as smoking and alcohol abuse; Focus on general health factors, such as nutrition and stress management; Factors for the...
- Most worksites promoting employee health: Study. Milligan, Amanda // Business Insurance;01/24/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p14
Reports on a study on employee wellness programs in the United States. Proportion of worksites that are taking steps to implement employee health promotion programs; Level of support by top management for wellness concepts; Common wellness activities and services offered; Growing interest in...
- Working WELLNESS into your workforce. Simpson, Sandra // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jun2003, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p1
Highlights findings of a survey on corporate wellness programs in the U.S., commissioned by the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses. Employee perceptions of corporate wellness programs; Impact on employee turnover and retention; Priority topic for work site wellness. INSET: WHO...
- Introduction. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);5/16/2008, Issue 435, p1
The article presents an introduction of an essay within the issue on enriching worksite wellness.
- Worksite health promotions programs...before and after President Clinton's proposed health care... Anhalt, Laura // Wellness Perspectives;Summer94, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p26
Examines worksite health promotion programs in the United States before and after President Bill Clinton's proposed health care reform. Evolution; Review of proposed ideas for new programs; Impact Clinton's proposed health care reform on health promotion programs and health education professionals.