- Recession, unemployment amount to social crisis in the EU. // Regional Today;03/28/2013, p1
The article reports on the Employment and Social Situation Quarterly Review presented by the European Commission (EC) as of March 2013, which showed that there is an increasing unemployment in Europe at the end of 2012 which is resulting in a widening social crisis.
- Urban/rural employment gap widens. // Irish Farmers Monthly;Jul2012, p14
The article offers information on a report published by the European Commission which revealed that gap between employment in urban and rural areas is increasing despite funds being pumped in via rural development.
- Turkey, EU Commission agree on 7-year employment program. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;3/2/2015, p34
The article reports on the signing by Turkey on February 27, 2014 of an agreement with the European Union (EU) Commission for a seven-year 920 million euros "Employment and Social Innovation Program," which aims to provide in Turkey a high level of quality and sustainable employment among others.
- Skills market shows no signs of picking up pace. Goodwin, Bill // Computer Weekly;11/14/2002, p3
Reports on slow recovery in the information technology (IT) employment sector of Great Britain. Possible investment on projects producing rapid cost savings; Need to convince company boards for IT projects.
- Jobs market shows hint of recovery. Towner, Nathalie // Computer Weekly;8/8/2002, p3
Reports the recovery of information technology (IT) jobs and the demand for IT project managers in Great Britain. Salary rate for IT professionals; List of computer companies with scarce supply of IT professionals; Views of Les Duncan, managing director of Hays IT on the supply and demand of IT...
- Here today, jobs tomorrow: Opportunities in information technology. Veneri, Carolyn M. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Fall98, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p44
Focuses on the growth of job opportunities in the field of information technology (IT) in the United States. Business enterprises' efforts to recruit qualified IT personnel; Labor market's inability to meet the high demand for IT workers; Employment rates of IT personnel from 1983 to 1998.
- The IT job market. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;2/1/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on a survey conducted by Pace University regarding the status of the job market in the information technology (IT) sector in the U.S.
- What's Really Happening to the Tech Work Force? Miller, Harris N. // U.S. Black Engineer & Information Technology;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p10
Comments on key issues and developments relevant to the demand for information technology (IT) workers in the U.S. Overview of the IT industry; Factors contributing to the increase in the demand for IT workers; Employment in the industry.
- Getting a grip on job hopping. Dahdah, Howard; Kidman, Angus // Australian Personal Computer;Dec2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p114
Focuses on the employment opportunities for information technology (IT) workers. Overview on the current IT skills shortage worldwide; Efforts of international governments in remediating the labor shortage in the IT sector; Factors that are causing changes in the employment opportunities...