Nurses unite in national `fair pay' campaign
- Unions join forces to maximise the impact of industrial action. // Nursing Standard;5/23/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p7
The article reports that the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) and Unison have joined its forces to synchronize their ballots on industrial actions over the staged pay award to maximize the impact of their campaigns in Great Britain. The general secretaries of both union, Peter Carter and Dave...
- Review body stands strong against 'disappointing' government pressure. // Nursing Standard;4/16/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p12
The article reports that the governments in Great Britain have agreed to a pay package that would give nurses 2.75 percent increase in their salary. The deal was brokered by National Health Service (NHS) Employers, Unison, and the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) as a result of recommendations...
- Staff are being 'taken for a ride' over pay, claims RCN president. Gillen, Sally // Nursing Standard;10/23/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p8
Nurses in the UK have been plunged into millions of pounds of debt following a real-terms pay cut of 9 per cent since 2010, the RCN president claimed last week.
- YOUR CHANCE TO TAKE PAY ACTION. // Nursing Standard;5/7/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p9
RCN members have their final opportunity to say whether they would consider industrial action on the government's decision to deny the majority of nurses in England a pay rise.
- COLLEGE BECOMES AN ACCREDITED LIVING WAGE EMPLOYER. // Nursing Standard;7/30/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p8
The RCN has pledged to ensure all its staff and suppliers are paid a fair salary by becoming an accredited living wage employer.
- RCN Public Health Forum reorganises staff. // Occupational Health;Dec2010, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on a reorganisation at the Public Health Forum of the Royal College of Nursing (RCN), including the replacement of Cynthia Atwell by specialist travel health nurse Sandra Grieve as chairwoman.
- ROYAL NATIONAL ORTHOPAEDIC TRUST MAY BE RUN BY PRIVATE PROVIDER. // Nursing Standard;5/4/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p6
The RCN has urged the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust to stay within the NHS after it announced it was considering being run by a private provider.
- Nurse directors thrive on support from trust board. Jones-Berry, Stephanie // Nursing Standard;11/30/2016, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p10
The article reports that Daniel Kelly, the chairperson of nursing research at the Royal College of Nursing, stated that executive directors of nursing require support from their boards in order to be successful in their efforts.
- Unison to ballot on action against 'pay cut by instalments'. Parish, Colin // Nursing Standard;4/4/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p5
The article reports on the plan of Unison to ballot its members in an industrial action against pay cut announced in April 2007 in Great Britain. The plan is speculated to lead Peter Carter, the general secretary of the Royal College of Nursing, to inform health secretary Patricia Hewitt and...