ILO report fuels controversy over minimum wage
- RISE IN RISK OF SOCIAL UNREST DUE TO HIGH WESTERN UNEMPLOYMENT: ILO WARNS. // Eastern Worker;Oct2011, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p31
The article reports that the International Labour Organisation (ILO) has warned the world concerning the rising risk of social unrest due to high western unemployment.
- Full employment possible, says ILO study. // UN Chronicle;1997, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p34
Provides information on the report by International Labor Organization (ILO) on issues of employment. Increase of unemployment in Western Europe; Countries where unemployment is not severe but with prevalence of job insecurity; Why countries with economic transitions suffered major job losses;...
- 357th Report of the Committee on Freedom of Association: Introduction. // Official Bulletin: Series B;2010, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p1
The article highlights the 357th report of the Committee on Freedom of Association of the United Nations International Labour Organization. As of June 2010, the committee has 136 pending cases and was able to examine 39 cases, while 29 cases were given definitive conclusions. The report reveals...
- CASE NO. 2722: Report in which the Committee requests to be kept informed of developments: THE COMMITTEE'S RECOMMENDATIONS. // Official Bulletin: Series B;2010, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p65
The article reports that the United Nations International Labour Organization's Committee on Freedom of Association has recommended that the government of Botswana takes all measures within its power to hand a decision without delay with regards to Case No. 2722.
- The International Labor Organization: America's withdrawal... Masters, Paul E. // International Social Science Review;1996, Vol. 71 Issue 3/4, p14
Discusses the International Labor Organization (ILO), a specialized agency of the United Nations, focusing on the United States withdrawal and reentry into the organization. Background on the ILO; When the U.S. withdrew from this agency; Events leading up America's withdrawal; Reason the U.S....
- The International Training Centre of the ILO--International Labour Organization. // Women's International Network News;Summer96, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
Features the International Labor Organization's (ILO) International Training Center in Turin, Italy. Contents of the 1996/1997 prospectus; Training areas.
- The Catholic Church and the I.L.O.: A commonality of social purpose. Higgins, George G. // America;1/29/1994, Vol. 170 Issue 3, p18
Features the International Labor Organization (I.L.O.). Catholic Church's support for I.L.O.'s humanitarian work; History of the organization; Priorities for the 21st century; Author's suggestions on what America can do to further I.L.O.'s goals.
- Unemployment rises around the world. // HRMagazine;Jul94, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p11
Presents a report by the International Labor Organization which shows a worldwide increase in unemployment. Percentage of unemployed and underemployed; Projected increase in unemployment in industrialized countries by the end of 1994; Projected decline in unemployment in the United States...
- Resolution concerning the scale of assessments of contributions to the budget for 2011. // Official Bulletin: Series A;2010, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p75
The article focuses on a resolution concerned with the inclusion of the draft scale of assessment of contributions to the budget of the International Labor Organization (ILO) for the year 2011, that has been approved during the 2010 General Conference of the ILO.