Effect of speech dialect on speech naturalness ratings: A systematic replication of Martin
- An Accent of Their Own. // Virginia Living;Jun2012 Best of Virginia Supplement, p28
The article discusses the dialect in Tangier Island, Virginia, which is believed to be the most preserved form of Elizabethan-era English in the world.
- The Causal Argument Against Natural Class Trope Nominalism. Ehring, Douglas // Philosophical Studies;Jan2002, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p179
In this paper, I consider an objection to ``natural class'' trope nominalism, the view that a trope's nature is determined by its membership in a natural class of tropes. The objection is that natural class trope nominalism is inconsistent with causes' being efficacious in virtue of having...
- TONGBIAN IN THE CHINESE READING OF DIALECTICAL MATERIALISM. Tian, Chenshan // Philosophy East & West;Jan2002, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p126
Deals with the issue that certain cosmological assumptions of the Western tradition have led to the differences between Western Marxism and particular philosophical currents in the Chinese tradition that developed independently of Western Marxism. Implication of tongbian as a correlative...
- Colorful Cockney English. Cox, Brenda S.; Robins, Arthur // Cricket;Dec2001, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p43
Discusses the different aspects of cockney English.
- DIALECTICS OF BEAUTY. // Grotto: The Cavern of Oracles;2008, p48
The article presents the poem "Dialectics of Beauty." First Line: There is no greater show of light than the one; Last Line: is gold.
- PRC and Taiwan Collaborate on Linguistic Report. // Language Magazine;Aug2013, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p16
The article discusses People's Republic of China (PRC) and Taiwan working together on a joint language report about the Chinese language dialects of their respective countries, exploring the evolution and variations of the language since it crossed the Taiwan Strait.
- EFFECTS OF INTONATION PATTERN OF SYNTHESIZED AND NATURAL SPEECH UPON LISTENER RESOLUTION OF SEMANTIC AMBIGUITY. Mulac, Anthony; Nash, Rose // Language & Speech;Jul-Sep77, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p274
Discusses the effects of intonation pattern of synthesized and natural speech upon listener resolution of semantic ambiguity. Importance of a speaker's prosodic features in communicating to listeners; Levels of prosodic-feature naturalness; Assessment of the relative naturalness of the speech...
- Natural Syntax of Slovenian: The Complex Sentence. Cvetko-Ore�nik, Varja; Ore�nik, Janez // Journal of Slavic Linguistics;Winter/Spring2011, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p19
This paper applies the framework of Natural Syntax to complex sentences in Slovenian, with the twin goals of introducing the framework to Slavicists and showing how it deals with Slavic language data. The framework of Natural Syntax as initiated by Janez Oreinik, in the tradition of...
- AnÃ¡lisis visual interpretativo: avances, estado del arte y problemas pendientes. Schnettler, Bernt; Raab, Jürgen // Paradigmas;jul-dic2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p79
The article offers a brief resume of recent developments in the field of interpretative visual analysis with emphasis on the German speaking area and the sociological discipline. It lays a special focus on hermeneutical and genre analysis and on research with audiovisual data. Far from...