Proverb explanation through the lifespan: A developmental study of adolescents and adults
- NNA Award Winner Explanatory work. Robertson, Grant // Media;Spring2013, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p43
The article announces that Grant Robertson has received an award for his explanatory work from the National Newspaper Awards (NNA).
- A METATHEORETICAL EVALUATION OF PROGRESS: THE CASE OF RESEARCH ON NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT. Montoya-Weiss, Mitzi M.; Calantone, Roger J.; Droge, Cornelia // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1994, Vol. 5, p246
Evaluates the nature of progress in product development by metatheoretical framework. Identification of the Kuhnian stage of evolution; Emphasis on explanatory research; Analysis by deductive theory development and testing; Evaluations on the progress of marketing.
- Advice from a workforce expert: view resume as project proposal. Andrews, John // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Feb2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, following p24
The article offers suggestions for job applicants to make their resume appealing, concise and explanatory.
- Explanatory style and its functional relationship to job satisfaction for employed women age... Phelps, Linda H.; Waskel, Shirley A. // Psychological Reports;Jun94 Part 1, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p899
Assesses the relationship between explanatory style and perceived general job satisfaction for employed women age 40 and over. Lack of correlation between explanatory style and perceived general job satisfaction.
- You know what they say... Kohn, A. // Psychology Today;Apr88, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p36
Proverbs are heirlooms, treasured and passed on from generation to generation. These pithy, unforgettable phrases seem to sum up timeless wisdom about human nature. Questions whether or not these truisms are really true.
- Proverbs and platitudes. Montoya, Sarah // Secretary;Aug/Sep96, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p2
Highlights popular proverbs and platitudes. Shakespeare statements; Literary quotations; Proverbs about language, absence, or words.
- Words for a new year. // World Monitor;Jan93, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p63
Presents a number of sayings and comments by many famous writers and figures about how people should greet the new year with an optimistic spiritual tint that embraces the future of limitless possibilities filled with messages of hope and promise. Comments made by Robert Frost; Octavio Paz;...
- Love proverbs are universal, says an expert, and like love itself, they can bite. // People;2/20/89, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p112
Profiles Professor Wolfgang Mieder, 44, who is an internationally known paremiologist (scholar of proverbs), and will soon publish his third book, `Love: Proverbs of the Heart.' Examples from throughout the world.
- Say it again, Dad. // Town & Country;Jun92, Vol. 146 Issue 5145, p73
Offers 50 paternal proverbs from `Papa-tudes' by Robert Masello. Don't make me pull over; You're not leaving this house dressed like that; You've got to spend money to make money; Be home by 11.