Training and generalized production of wh- and NP-movement structures in agrammatic aphasia
- Tense and Agreement Impairment in Iberoâ€“Romance. Gavarró, Anna; Martínez-Ferreiro, Silvia // Journal of Psycholinguistic Research;Jan2007, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p25
We examine the inflectional productions of seven Catalan, seven Galician, and seven Spanish speaking agrammatic subjects in an elicitation and a sentence repetition task and consider them in the light of the Tree Pruning Hypothesis (TPH). The results show relatively spared subject person/number...
- Syntactic and morphosyntactic processing in stroke-induced and primary progressive aphasia. Thompson, Cynthia K.; Meltzer-Asscher, Aya; Cho, Soojin; Lee, Jiyeon; Wieneke, Christina; Weintraub, Sandra; Mesulam, M.-Marsel // Behavioural Neurology;2013, Vol. 26 Issue 1/2, p35
The paper reports findings derived from three experiments examining syntactic and morphosyntactic processing in individuals with agrammatic and logopenic variants of primary progressive aphasia (PPA-G and PPA-L, respectively) and stroke-induced agrammatic and anomic aphasia (StrAg and StrAn,...
- Favorite first sentences. // Cricket;Dec95, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p54
Highlights opening sentences from various books.
- The sentence doctor. // PHC Profit Report;7/01/96, Vol. 4 Issue 13, p6
Demonstrates rules on sentence construction. Sample errors; Proposed revision of the sentences.
- The sentence doctor. // PHC Profit Report;8/15/96, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p6
Corrects a sentence taken from an insurance report. Unintended and intended meaning.
- A scaffolding technique to develop sentence sense and vocabulary. Cudd, Evelyn T.; Roberts, Leslie L. // Reading Teacher;Dec93/Jan94, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p346
Presents sentence expansion as a method of introducing and reinforcing complex sentence structures among elementary school students. Procedures for incorporating sentence expansion into the instructional program; Effectiveness of the sentence expansion technique in teaching sentence structure...
- Anchoring and grammar effects in judgments of sentence acceptability. Cowart, Wayne // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Dec94, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p1171
Examines the relation between anchoring effects and grammar-based effects in judgments of sentence acceptability. Alteration by various performance-related factors of a native speaker's judgment of the grammaticality of a sentence; Cognitive subsystem that discriminates among sentences according...
- Find It! // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;12/1/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p2
The article presents a classroom activity on finding and underlining sentences that explain how there could be life-forms on Mars.
- How Sun Smart Are You? // Children's Playmate Magazine;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p28
Presents an activity that requires students to complete sentences which discuss facts about the sun.